Architecture of Las Vegas
Architecture of Las Vegas has taken several interesting turns over the years. Beginning with the 1990s, a large number of high-rise buildings have begun appearing throughout the city, dramatically changing the city's skyline. Prior to this large-scale themed casinos/resorts were a major attraction of the city, and master-planned housing development projects caused major sprawl throughout the Las Vegas Valley.
Architects of Las Vegas
A short, and only representative list of well known architects who have created and designed buildings in the Southern Nevada area.
- Jon Jerde
- Wayne McAllister
- James McDaniel
- Antoine Predock
- Homer Rissman
- Veldon Simpson
- Martin Stern, Jr.
- Paul Williams (architect)
- Gary Guy Wilson
- Kerry M. Shahan, AIA
Architectural firms of Las Vegas
- RedRock Design
- Marnell Corrao Associates
- Tate Snyder Kimsey Architects
- SH Architecture
Architecture in the Las Vegas metropolitan area provides historical information about buildings and structures in Las Vegas (chiefly buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) for Clark County, Nevada.
Current and significant architectural projects are provided by firms licensed with the Nevada State Board of Architecture. The American Institute of Architects, Nevada chapter provide the AIA Nevada Excellence in Design awards to recognize significant building achievements throughout Nevada. These projects will be found listed within Las Vegas Architectural Guides and Collections (see Awards)a resource which is provided by the UNLV Architecture Studies Library.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2009)|
1. Brown, Jeanne. Las Vegas Architectural Guides and Collections. Las Vegas: University of Nevada, Las Vegas Architecture Studies Library. Last updated: Oct. 31, 2006. Accessed June 12, 2007.
2. Brown, Jeanne. Las Vegas Architecture and Buildings: Selected Bibliography and Guide to Sources. Las Vegas: University of Nevada, Las Vegas Architecture Studies Library. Last updated: May 3, 2007. Accessed June 12, 2007.
- American Institute Of Architects, Las Vegas
- Architecture Studies Library
- School of Architecture, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Las Vegas and Nevada Collections, Resources, and Databases
- UNLV Special Collections, University Libraries
- Dreaming the Skyline: Resort Architecture and the New Urban Space