Architecture of Western Australia
Architecture of Western Australia has been influenced by the legacy of being an English colony in the late nineteenth century.
Despite the separation from the rest of Australia by distance, the influence of Architecture of Australia styles was marked upon building and designing in Western Australia.
Notable architects include those who were Principal architect:
- 1891 - 1897 George Temple-Poole
- 1897 - 1905 John Harry Grainger
- 1905 - 1917 Hillson Beasley
- 1917 - 1927 William Hardwick
- Oldham, Ray; Oldham, John (1962), Western heritage : a study of the colonial architecture of Perth, Western Australia, Paterson Brokensha, retrieved 31 March 2019
- Hare, Timothy G (1979), Vanishing ink : vanishing architecture of Western Australia, Creative Research, ISBN 978-0-908469-01-7
- "TYPES OF BACK BLOCKS ARCHITECTURE. WESTERN AUSTRALIA". Western Mail. XXIII, (1, 160). Western Australia. 21 March 1908. p. 25. Retrieved 31 March 2019 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buildings in Western Australia.|