From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Archaeon - a domain or kingdom of single-celled microorganisms.
|Look up archon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Archon (Gr. αρχων, pl. αρχοντες) is a Greek word that means "ruler" or the like.
Archon may also refer to:
- Archon of Pella, a satrap of Babylonia and one of the Diadochi
- Archon Basileus, a position in the government of classical Athens
Butterflies or moths:
- Archon (Dungeons & Dragons), a fantasy race featured in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
- Archons, a villainous race of hyper-dimensional entities from the comic book series The Invisibles
- Archons, the crew of the U.S.S. Archon in the original Star Trek episode "The Return of the Archons"
- Archons, the leaders of the Dark Eldar in the tabletop wargame Warhammer 40,000
- The Archon, the second book of the Oracle Prophecies Trilogy by Catherine Fisher
- Archons, protoss psionic entities in the StarCraft series
- Archon, a Tollan equivalent of an attorney in the Stargate SG-1 universe
- Archons, a group of ancient immortal beings that ruled over the primordial earth in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- Archon, a city in the province of Black Marsh from the Elder Scrolls game universe
- Archon, a fictitious rock group featuring in The Equalizer episode "Inner View", notable by their track "Shadow Man"
- Archon, the title given to the leader of House Steiner in the BattleTech series
- Archon, the title given to the elected leader and head of state of the Draka in the Domination novels by S. M. Stirling
- Archons, a mystical creature type aligned with White in Magic: The Gathering, a trading card game
- Archon, an Angelic Battle-Priest from the videogame Darksiders II
- Archon (Gnosticism), a kind of supernatural being, who stood between the human race and a transcendent God
- Archon (convention), a science fiction/gaming convention held in Collinsville, Illinois
- Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, an award of merit bestowed by the Patriarch of Constantinople
- Archon Corporation, a company that has owned casinos and water parks
- Archon, Aisne, a commune of the Aisne département in northern France
- Archon (software), open source archival information system
- Archon (android emulator), emulator software to run android apps on linux
- Archon X Prize, a genomics contest
- Archonta, a (possibly obsolete) category of mammals including primates and bats
- Archon: The Light and the Dark, a video game from 1983
- ARCHON Directory, a computer directory of UK archive repositories
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Archon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.