|Motto: "Country life in the city"
Moving ahead in the 21st century"
Location of Arcola, Texas
|• Total||1.98 sq mi (5.12 km2)|
|• Land||1.96 sq mi (5.07 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||66 ft (20 m)|
|• Density||839/sq mi (323.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1329659|
Arcola incorporated in 1986.
Arcola is located near the eastern edge of Fort Bend County at  Texas State Highway 6 passes through the city, leading northwest 14 miles (23 km) to Sugar Land and southeast 14 miles to Alvin. Downtown Houston is 22 miles (35 km) to the north.(29.501339, -95.463760).
As of the 2010 Census, the population of Arcola has increased to 1,642.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,640 people, 295 households, and 233 families residing in the city. The population density was 548.5 people per square mile (211.9/km²). There were 324 housing units at an average density of 169.6 per square mile (65.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 34.26% White, 34.16% African American, 0.38% Native American, 2.19% Asian, 27.10% from other races, and 1.91% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 51.91% of the population.
There were 295 households out of which 46.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.6% were married couples living together, 18.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.7% were non-families. 16.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.55 and the average family size was 4.06.
In the city, the population was spread out with 37.4% under the age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 28.5% from 25 to 44, 16.0% from 45 to 64, and 8.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 28 years. For every 100 females there were 101.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.9 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $31,607, and the median income for a family was $32,500. Males had a median income of $26,818 versus $21,172 for females. The per capita income for the city was $11,735. About 24.3% of families and 26.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 34.3% of those under age 18 and 26.4% of those age 65 or over.
Law enforcement is provided by the Arcola Police Department, headed by Chief of Police Howard Sylve III. Fire protection is provided by the Fresno Volunteer Fire Department. Emergency medical service is provided by Fort Bend County EMS.
Arcola pupils attend schools in Fort Bend Independent School District. The community is within the East Division, controlling school board slots 5 through 7. As of 2008 the board members in the slots are Laurie Caldwell, Steve Smelley, and David Reitz, respectively.
Pupils north of State Highway 6 attend Burton Elementary School in unincorporated Fort Bend County. Some pupils south of Highway 6 attend Sienna Crossing Elementary School, and other pupils south of Highway 6 attend Schiff Elementary School in unincorporated Fort Bend County.
Almost all Arcola pupils attend Baines Middle School (in unincorporated Fort Bend County); that portion serves areas south of Highway 6 and areas east of F.M. 521. Areas north of Highway 6 and west of F.M. 521 are served by Lake Olympia Middle School in Missouri City.
Houston Southwest Airport, a general aviation airport, is in the Arcola city limits.
- City of Arcola official website
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Arcola city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Mark Odintz: Arcola, Tx from the Handbook of Texas Online. Retrieved December 23, 2008.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "2007-2008 Operating Procedures." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on December 8, 2008.
- "Contacting Your School Board Members." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on December 8, 2008.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zones Archived February 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.." Fort Bend Independent School District.
- "Middle School Attendance Zones." Fort Bend Independent School District.
- "High School Attendance Zones." Fort Bend Independent School District.