Arcot Road (also known as N. S. Krishnan Salai was named after sir arcot ramaswamy mudaliyar), (SH-113) is one of the main arterial roads of the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu, India. It runs for 12 kilometres and connects Nungambakkam with Porur. The road was constructed during the early 1940s and has been responsible for the development of the outlying areas on the western fringes of Chennai city.
The Chennai Metro Rail Limited, along with the Highways Department planned to build a 400-metre long flyover along Inner Ring Road, Chennai at the junction of Arcot Road in Vadapalani on either side of the metro viaduct.
Neighbourhoods traversed by Arcot Road
- Citypatriots. "Forum Vijaya Mall - Forum Vijaya Mall Chennai - Vadapalani Forum Vijaya Mall - Vadapalani Mall - Chennai Forum Vijaya Mall".
- V, Ayyapan (2010-02-16). "Metro Rail to build flyover at Vadapalani". The Times of India. Chennai. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Pugazvendan, Jeeva (2009-10-29). "Flyover planned at Arcot Rd jn to ease traffic congestion". The Times of India. Chennai. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Meera Srinivasan, Deepa H. Ramakrishnan (2012-05-15). "Metro, flyover merger at Vadapalani hits road bump". The Hindu. Chennai. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Hemalatha, Karthikeyan (2011-05-18). "Flyover to be delayed by another year". The Times of India. Chennai. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Prince Frederick (7 August 2002). "Arcot Road: There's glamour amidst chaos". The Hindu.
- "New look for Arcot Road". Indian Express. 24 June 1997.
Arterial roads of Chennai