Ard van der Steur
|Ard van der Steur|
Ard van der Steur in 2012
|Minister of Security and Justice|
20 March 2015
|Prime Minister||Mark Rutte (second cabinet)|
|Preceded by||Stef Blok|
|Born||Gerard Adriaan van der Steur
7 October 1969
|Political party||People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (since 1988)|
|Alma mater||Leiden University (LL.M)|
Gerard Adriaan "Ard" van der Steur (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɣeːrɑrt ˈaːdriaːn ɑrt vɑn dɛr støːr]; born 7 October 1969) is a Dutch politician and lawyer. On 20 March 2015 he became Minister of Security and Justice. As a member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie) he has been an MP since 17 June 2010. He focuses on matters of judiciary, constitutional and administrative law.
He was a member of the municipal council of the former municipality of Warmond from 2002 to 2006 and has been a member of its successor the municipal council of Teylingen since 2006. In both cases he was respectively is also VVD fraction leader.
On the 17 of December 2015 it came to light that Van der Steur had purposely redacted most of the content of a report detailing the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 investigation, on false basis to cover up his own incompetence during the investigation.
- (Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- (Dutch) Van Rossem, "MH17. Van der Steur bijna overleden aan Dossier Maat", GeenStijl.nl (09-01-2016). Retrieved 10-01-2016.
- (Dutch) "Rapport Maat blift geheim", Mare (Leids Universitair Weekblad) (2 December 2015). Retrieved 10-01-2016. Publication on why the MA 17 report would remain confidential.
- (Dutch) Vincent Bongers en Frank Provoost, "George Maat maakt zijn eigen rapport openbaar", Mare (Leids Universitair Weekblad) (4 January 2016). Retrieved 10-01-2016. An uncensored version of the report published by the investigator that Van der Steur redacted heavily on false basis.
- (Dutch) Ard van der Steur personal website
- (Dutch) House of Representatives biography[dead link]
- (Dutch) People's Party for Freedom and Democracy website[dead link]
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|