NYSE: ARD (Class A)|
Russell 1000 Component
Number of locations
|Paul Coulson (Chairman), Ian Curley (CEO)|
|Products||Glass and Metal Packaging|
|Revenue||€7,646M (FY 2016)|
|Total assets||€10,261M (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|Approx. 23,500 (FY 2016) (2016)|
As of 2012, the company operated 89 facilities in 22 countries, employed approximately 23,500 people, and had approximately €7.7 billion in revenue.
It purchased Rockware Glass in 1999. In 2011, it purchased the metal packaging company Impress Group for €1.7 billion and Fi Par for €125 million. In August 2012, the company acquired Anchor Glass for $880 million. In January 2013, Ardagh Group agreed to acquire St-Gobain's Verallia North America for €1.3 billion. In 2016 it purchased the Rexam Glass Division.
- Ardagh Annual Report 2016
- Smith, Robert (16 January 2018). "Hot market greets 'super PIK' bonds sold by Irish billionaire". Financial Times. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Ardagh Group completes Anchor Glass acquisition". RTÉ News. 20 August 2012.
- Boland, Vincent (14 March 2017). "Packaging maker Ardagh raises $300m in IPO". Financial Times. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Packaging conglomerate Ardagh launches long-awaited IPO in New York". Reuters. 6 March 2017. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- Ardagh Group official website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ardagh Group.|
|This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This glass engineering or glass science related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|