Ardara, County Donegal
Ard an Rátha
Front Street, Ardara
|• Dáil Éireann||Donegal South-West|
|Elevation||45 m (148 ft)|
|Time zone||WET (UTC+0)|
|• Summer (DST)||IST (WEST) (UTC-1)|
|Irish Grid Reference|
Ardara (Irish: Ard an Rátha, meaning "height of the fort"), pronounced "Ardra", is a small town in County Donegal, Ireland. It is located on the N56 and R261 roads. The community has a population of 731, per the 2011 Census, an increase of about 30% since 2006. Some of the main scenic points near the town are the Glengesh Pass, the Maghera Falls and the views out over the Atlantic from Loughros Point.
- Anthony Molloy, captained Donegal in their first ever All-Ireland Senior Football Championship title-winning season in 1992
- Pat Shovlin, Donegal goalkeeping coach in their second ever All-Ireland Senior Football Championship title-winning season in 2012
- John Doherty (musician)
- Bibi Baskin (Television personality)
- Charlie Bennett (Councillor)
- John Molloy ( Tweed and Knitwear Manufacturer)
- Paddy McGrath (Gaelic footballer)
- Martin Gavigan (Gaelic footballer)
Donegal County Directory for 1862
The Donegal County Directory for 1862  shows the governmental positions that were held in this county in 1862.
- Maps, Weather, and Airports for Ardara, Ireland Archived March 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Population Classified by Area" (PDF). Central Statistics Office (Ireland). Apr 2012. p. 53. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Ard an Rátha/Ardara". Placenames Database of Ireland. Government of Ireland - Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and Dublin City University. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
Media related to Ardara, County Donegal at Wikimedia Commons