Ardashir Vakil is an author whose first novel, Beach Boy, won a Betty Trask Award in 1997 and was shortlisted for the Whitbread First Novel Award. His second novel, One Day was shortlisted for the Encore Award.
Born in Bombay and educated at The Doon School, and University of Cambridge as of 1997[update] he lives in London with his wife and two children. He teaches Creative Writing at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Beach Boy. Scribner. 1998. ISBN 978-0-684-85299-7.
- One Day. Hamish Hamilton. 2003. ISBN 978-0-241-14132-8.
- Ganesan, Sharmilla (26 February 2010). "Having the write stuff". Malaysia Star. Archived from the original on 28 February 2011.
- Chandra, Aparna (19 April 2003). "Twenty four hours with Ardashir". Express India. Archived from the original on 6 May 2003.
- Kalhra, Nonita (19 August 1997). "Face-off with Ardashir Vakil". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 28 February 2011.