Ardeer railway station
Westbound view in September 2014
|Location||Forest Street, Ardeer|
|Distance||15.05 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Rebuilt||2 May 1977|
In 1903 the Australian Explosives and Chemical Coy Siding opened near what would become the site of Ardeer station. The siding faced Melbourne and was on the north side of the line. In 1910 a connection to the siding was added at the Melbourne end converting it into a loop, and it was renamed the Federal Manure Siding. In 1929 it was renamed again as Nobel (Aust) Pty Ltd Chemical Siding.
In 1927 Ardeer station was opened at the same time as a passenger service for factory workers at Ardeer and Deer Park was introduced. The loop siding was on the east of the Fitzgerald's Road level crossing, and the platform was to the west of it, on the north side of the line. In 1934 it was renamed Ardeer Siding, and in 1956 the station was closed and the passenger platform removed.
In 1976 the line through the section was duplicated from Sunshine to Deer Park West Junction. The current Ardeer station was opened on 2 May 1977 with an island platform being provided at the up end of the existing siding, about 800 metres further east than the former station. The Nobel (Aust) Pty Ltd Siding was renamed ICI Aust Operations Pty Ltd Siding in 1981, before being abolished in 1990.
Platforms and services
- Ballarat line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Geelong line: V/Line services to Southern Cross (weekday peak hours only)
- Ballarat line: V/Line services to Baccus Marsh, Wendouree & Ballarat
- Geelong line: V/Line services to Wyndham Vale (weekday peak hours only)
CDC Melbourne operates one route via Ardeer station:
Sita Buslines operates two routes via Ardeer station:
- Ardeer Vicsig
- "Victorian Station Histories-Ardeer" (PDF). www.vrhistory.com. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- Ballarat - Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 400 Sunshine - Laverton timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 451 Sunshine - Deer Park North timetable Archived 13 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria