Ardeshir Mohasses (also spelt Ardashir Mohases, Persian: اردشير محصص , 9 September 1938 in Rasht – 9 October 2008 in New York) was an Iranian illustrator and cartoonist, residing in New York.
He was born in Rasht and was brought up in Lahijan. His parents were from rich families of Lahijan. He graduated from Tehran University in 1962 with a degree in political science. Since becoming an illustrator and cartoonist for Kayhan and other local periodicals in 1963, he has held several one-man exhibitions in Tehran. He is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, New York.
- Cactus, a special issue of Daftarha-ye Zamaneh, with an introduction by Karim Emami, including drawings from 1961 to 1966, Tehran 1971.
- With Ardeshir Mohassess and his Puppets, with an introduction by Ali Asghar Haj-Seyed-Javadi, including drawings from 1967 to 1971, Tous Publications, Tehran, 1971.
- Current Events, with an introduction by Ahmad Shamlou, a selection of drawings from 1971, Amir Kabir Publications, Tehran, 1973.
- Momenten, a selection of drawings from 1968-1972, edited by K. Farrokhi, Sun Publications, Haarlem, the Netherlands, 1973.
- Identity Card, a selection of drawings done in 1972, Tahouri Publications, Tehran, 1973.
- Ceremonies, an Introduction by Aydin Aghdashloo, a selection of drawings from 1972, Fine Arts Publications (under the auspices of Gallery Ayeh), Tehran, 1973.
- Jahan-e No, a special issue of drawings, including drawings done in 1972, Tehran, 1973.
- Ardeshir and Stormy Winds, with an introduction by Ali Asghar Haj-Seyed-Javadi, including drawings from 1967 to 1973, Tous Publications, Tehran, 1973.
Mohasses was a cousin of Bahman Mohasses, dubbed by some as the "Persian Picasso", Iranian painter, sculptor, translator, and theatre director.
- "Ardeshir Mohasses passed away" (in Persian). persiancartoon.com. 2008-10-10. Archived from the original on 2013-04-19. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Report of Memorial and Burial Services of Ardeshir Mohassess". payvand.com. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- Life in Iran, Etched With Suspicion and Humor, NY Times
- On Ardeshir Mohassess' 70th Birthday (Persian), BBC, 2008-09-09.
- Closed circuit history, Oppressors and oppressed through the eyes of Ardeshir Mohassess
- The Pen is Mightier
- Iranian illustrator, Ardeshir Mohasses passed away (Persian), Radio Zamaneh, 2008-10-11.
|This article about an Iranian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|