|Year first constructed||1849|
|Tower shape||cylindrical tower with nalcony and lantern attached to 1-storey keeper's house|
|Markings / pattern||unpainted grey tower, black lantern|
|Tower height||36 metres (118 ft)|
|Focal height||55 metres (180 ft)|
|Range||24 nautical miles (44 km; 28 mi)|
|Characteristic||Fl (2) W 20s.|
|Managing agent||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Heritage||category A listed building|
Ardnamurchan Lighthouse is a listed 19th century lighthouse, located on Ardnamurchan Point in Lochaber part of the Highland council area of Scotland. The lighthouse with its 36-metre-tall (118 ft), pink granite tower was completed in 1849 to a design by Alan Stevenson. It is the only lighthouse in the UK built in the Egyptian style. The light was automated in 1988 and is now operated remotely by the Northern Lighthouse Board from Edinburgh.
The former keepers' cottages and outbuildings are owned by the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse Trust and operated as a visitor centre, with a museum called the 'Kingdom of Light' - Rioghachd na Sorcha. Exhibits detail the history and operations of the lighthouse, including access to the restored engine room and workshop with the original fog horn. Other displays include the geology and natural history of the area, and local social history and culture.
The last part of the computer game Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened takes place in this lighthouse.
- List of lighthouses in Scotland
- List of Northern Lighthouse Board lighthouses
- List of Category A listed buildings in Highland
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Scotland: Highlands". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Ardnamurchan Lighthouse". Northern Lighthouse Board. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- "Ardnamurchan Lighthouse". Ardnamurchan Lighthouse Trust. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- "Ardnamurchan Lighthouse". Gazetteer for Scotland. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ardnamurchan Lighthouse.|
|This European lighthouse-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|