Ardrossan Harbour railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Caladh Àird Rosain|
|Local authority||North Ayrshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|19 January 1987||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Ardrossan Harbour from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Ardrossan Harbour railway station is one of three remaining railway stations in the town of Ardrossan, North Ayrshire, Scotland. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail and is on the Ayrshire Coast Line, 32.5 miles (52.3 km) south west of Glasgow Central. The station is an interchange for Caledonian MacBrayne ferry sailings to Brodick on the Isle of Arran.
The station was originally opened on 19 January 1987 to replace the closed Ardrossan Winton Pier railway station. Ardrossan Harbour station is slightly further inland (approximately 220 yards/200 metres to the east) than its predecessor and is sited at the end of a 1 mile (1.6km) long branch line from Ardrossan South Beach.
The station is unstaffed and consists of a single platform and shelter, a short walk from the "CalMac" terminal building.
From the opening of the station, services generally only ran to connect with the CalMac sailings to Brodick.
From May 2009, an hourly service on Mondays to Saturdays from Glasgow Central for much of the day was introduced, with some services connecting with the ferry sailings to Brodick. There is no late evening service (after 22.00) and a reduced service on Sundays (five arrivals & four departures).
A ferry, operated by Caledonian MacBrayne, sails from Ardrossan Harbour to Brodick. In Summer 2013 a service to Campbeltown was provided on Thursday and Friday evenings, returning on Friday and Saturday mornings, with a return trip on Sundays.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Ayrshire Coast Line
Ferry (summer only)
- Butt, page 18
- "Ardrossan Winton Pier railway station (site), Ayrshire" Thompson, N geograph.org; Retrieved
- National Rail Timetable May - December 2009, Table 221 pp.2637-2644
- Table 221 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|Railway Stations in Ardrossan|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ardrossan Harbour railway station.|