Ardyaloon, Western Australia
|Population||365 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Broome|
Ardyaloon or One Arm Point or Bardi is an Indigenous Australian community town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. It is located 2446 km north of Perth and the closest populated town is Derby. At the 2016 census, Bardi had a population of 365.
According to the local Aboriginal people the name 'One Arm Point' originated from the tale of an unfortunate pearler who had an accident with dynamite whilst attempting to catch fish using explosives in the bay.
The community is located within the Bardi Jawi native title determination area, determined by the Federal Court of Australia on 30 November 2005. (Federal Court file nos. WAD49/1998, WAD6001/2004) The community is managed through its incorporated body, Ardyaloon Incorporated, registered under the Associations Incorporations Act 1987 and the Aboriginal Communities Act 1979.
The Town Planning follows the Ardyaloon Community Layout Plan No.2 has been prepared in accordance with State Planning Strategy 3.2 Aboriginal Settlements. Layout Plan No.2 was endorsed by the community on 15 September 2004 and the WAPC on 15 February 2005. The Layout Plan map-set and background report can be viewed at the Department of Planning web site.
Ardyaloon Layout Plan No.2 was prepared in accordance with State Planning Policy 3.2 and was endorsed by the community in 2004 and the WAPC in 2005.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bardi (One Arm Point) (Locality)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Great Circle Distance between BARDI+COMMUNITY and PERTH". Cocky Flies. Geoscience Australia. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Main Roads WA - Distance from Perth". 2009. Retrieved 19 March 2009.
- "Kimberley Economic Perspective" (PDF). 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Ausanthrop Aboriginal tribal database - Baada People". 2009. Archived from the original on 17 August 2010. Retrieved 19 March 2009.
- "Ardyaloon Community Layout plan No. 2". 2011. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Western Australian Planning Commission. "Ardyaloon (Bardi or One Arm Point)".