Area 52 (album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by |
Rodrigo y Gabriela/C.U.B.A.
|Released||23 January 2012 (Ireland) 24 January 2012 (United States)|
|Label||Rubyworks Records (Ireland) ATO Records (USA)|
|Producer||Rodrigo Sánchez and Peter Asher|
|Rodrigo y Gabriela/C.U.B.A. chronology|
|Consequence of Sound|||
|Drowned in Sound|||
Area 52 is a 2012 album by acoustic duo Rodrigo y Gabriela and the Cuban orchestra known as C.U.B.A. It is Rodrigo y Gabriela's fifth album overall, and their first collaboration with another group. Their aim was to 'do our music with a Cuban orchestra that plays in a very traditional way, a fusion'. All the songs on this album are re-recordings of songs previously released in their previous two studio albums. The duo spent 20 days recording in Cuba where 'the pianist also made the arrangements for the orchestra. We’d play along with the musicians so they could hear our energy'. Afterwards, the band overdubbed solo parts at their own studio.
All music composed by Rodrigo y Gabriela.
|1.||"Santo Domingo" (with Samuel Folmell Alfonso)||6:31|
|2.||"Hanuman" (with John Tempesta)||5:33|
|3.||"Ixtapa" (with Anoushka Shankar)||8:11|
|4.||"11:11" (with Carles Benavent & Carlota Teresa Polledo Noriega)||7:30|
|5.||"Master Maqui" (with Le Trio Joubran)||5:13|
|8.||"Juan Loco" (with Carles Benavent)||4:09|
|9.||"Tamacun" (with John Tempesta)||6:55|
- Rodrigo y Gabriela
- Lazaro A. Oviedo Dilou - trumpet
- Edouardo J. Sandoval Ferrer - trombone
- Cesar Alejandro Lopez Martinez - saxophone
- Ariel Sarduy Mena - violin
- Anolan Gonzalez Morejon - viola
- Feliciano Arango Noa - bass
- Irving Roberto Frontelo Rico - violin
- Alex Wilson piano, musical director
- Otto Santana Selis - cajón, drums, percussion
- Jorge Leliebre Sorzano- flute
- Juan Kemell Barrera Toledo - trumpet
- Rene Suarez Zapata - percussion
- Featured Artists
- Samuel Folmell Alfonso - drums
- John Tempesta - drums
- Anoushka Shankar - sitar
- Carles Benavent - bass
- Carlota Teresa Polledo Noriega - vocals
- Le Trio Joubran - oud
- Rodrigo Sánchez - production
- Peter Asher - production
- Rafa Sardina - mixing
- Robyn Robins - masterring
- Jorge Gabriel "Benny" Benitez Herrera - engineering
- Nathaniel Kunkel - engineering
- Nicolas Rosemond - engineering
- Neil Williams - engineering
- Alex Wilson - arrangements
- Samantha Lopez - photography
- Niall Muckian - photography
- Christina Angelina - cover art
- "Rodrigo y Gabriela". Archived from the original on 27 June 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Area 52 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Jurek, Thom (24 January 2012). "Area 52 - Rodrigo y Gabriela". AllMusic. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Cohen, Jake (25 January 2012). "Album Review: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Area 52". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Deviant (24 January 2012). "Rodrigo y Gabriela - Area 52 (staff review)". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Falcone, Jon (19 January 2012). "Rodrigo y Gabriella - Area 52". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Wondering Sound Interview" Archived 2014-08-08 at the Wayback Machine, Tad Hendrickson, 'Q&A: Rodrigo y Gabriela', Wondering Sound, January 24, 2012.
|This 2010s folk album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|