|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Type||Grama Panchayath|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Areacode (also known as Areekode) is a village on the banks of the Chaliyar River in Eranad Taluk of Malappuram district in India. It is 25 km from Malappuram. Nearby places are Mukkam, Thiruvambady, Nilambur, and Manjeri. Nilambur-Koyilandy SH pass through here.
It is believed that the name 'Areacode' was derived from 'Aruvikkode', which in Malayalam means 'river side'. Areacode is famous for its sevens football tournaments and there by known as 'Makkah of Football'.
- Puthalam Sunni Masjidh
- Sullamussalam Arabic College
- Sullamussalam Science College
- Anvarul Islam Arabic College Kuniyil
- Kunhathumma Memorial Training College, Thekkinchuvadu
- MICES (Malabar Islamic Cultural and Educational Society)(Regd)
- Regional College Harithagiri, Kuzhimanna PO
- Cooperative College, Near Post Office
- Govt ITI Mundambra, Areacode.
Areacode Service Co Operative Bank
- Noor Masjidh, Puthalam
- Muneerul Islam Madhrassa, Vakkaloor
- State Bank Of Travancore
- The Federal Bank Limited
- South Indian Bank
- Canara Bank
- Kerala Gramin Bank
Suburbs of Areekode
On Thamarassery Road
- Kuttooli Junction, Valillapuzha, NellikkaParambu and Mukkam
- AgasthyanMuzhi, Omashery, Koodathaibazar and Kudukkilummaram
On Edavanna Route
- Jamalangadi, Palepetta and Pannippara
- Pottiyil, V.K.Pady and Vadashery
- Moozhippadam, puthalam and Vakkalor
- Kakkod, Kollanpady and Vadasherry
- Pannippara, Kallidumbu and Pothilad
On Kondotty Road
- Muthuvalloor, Kadungalloor and Kizhisseri
- Velleri, Chemrakkattoor and Pookkattuchola
- Alottippara, Kozhakkottoor and Puthalam
Areekode village is as predominantly Muslim populated area. Hindus are exist in comparatively smaller numbers. So the culture of the locality is based upon Muslim traditions. Duff Muttu, Kolkali and Aravanamuttu are common folk arts of this locality. There are many libraries attached to mosques giving a rich source of Islamic studies. Some of the books are written in Arabi-Malayalam which is a version of the Malayalam language written in Arabic script. People gather in mosques for the evening prayer and continue to sit there after the prayers discussing social and cultural issues. Business and family issues are also sorted out during these evening meetings. The Hindu minority of this area keeps their rich traditions by celebrating various festivals in their temples. Hindu rituals are done here with a regular devotion like other parts of Kerala.
Areekode village connects to other parts of India through Feroke town on the west and Nilambur town on the east. National highway No.66 passes through Feroke and the northern stretch connects to Goa and Mumbai. The southern stretch connects to Cochin and Trivandrum. State Highway No.28 starts from Nilambur and connects to Ooty, Mysore and Bangalore through Highways.12,29 and 181. The nearest airport is at Kozhikode. The nearest major railway station is at Tirur.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Areekode.|
|This article related to a location in Malappuram district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|