|Date||September 2, 1994|
|Arena||Amway Arena, Orlando, Florida|
Sherdrick Bonner, QB, Arizona
|Winning coach||Danny White|
|Losing coach||Perry Moss|
|TV in the United States|
|Announcers||Tom Mees, Rick 'Doc' Walker|
ArenaBowl VIII was the Arena Football League's eighth ArenaBowl. The game featured the #3 Arizona Rattlers (8-4) of the American Conference against the #1 Orlando Predators (11-1) of the National Conference. The Rattlers were in their very first ArenaBowl appearance in their three-year history, while the Predators were in their second ArenaBowl appearance in their four-season history (having lost to the Detroit Drive in ArenaBowl VI).
In the first quarter, Orlando struck first with Quarterback Ben Bennett completing a 5-yard TD pass to WR/LB Alex Shell, while Arizona responded with Quarterback Sherdrick Bonner completing a 33-yard touchdown pass to WR/DB Cedric Tillman. The Predators would wrap up the first quarter with kicker Jorge Cimadevilla making a 24-yard Field Goal.
In the second quarter, the Rattlers took the lead with Bonner completing a 6-yard TD pass to WR/LB Calvin "Shakes" Schexnayder, yet the Predators retook the lead with Bennett and Shell hooking up with each other again on a 42-yard touchdown pass. Arizona would regain the lead before halftime with kicker Luis Zendejas getting a 23-yard and a 40-yard field goal.
In the third quarter, the Rattlers increased its lead with Bonner completing a 2-yard touchdown pass to WR/DB Milton Vaughn, yet Orlando kept close with Bennett completing a 38-yard touchdown pass to WR/DB Herkie Walls.
In the fourth quarter, Arizona added on to its lead with Zendejas kicking a 21-yard field goal, yet the Predators retook the lead with WR/DB Barry Wagner getting a 4-yard touchdown run. The Rattlers would regain the lead with Bonner and Schexnayder hooking up with each other again on a 24-yard touchdown pass, but the following two-point conversion failed. In the final seconds, Bennett threw a deep ball to try to get a touchdown in order to take the lead for good, but it ended up incomplete.
With the win, the Arizona Rattlers won their very first ArenaBowl in franchise history.
- ORL - Shell 5-yard pass from Bennett (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - Tillman 33-pass from Bonner (Zendejas kick)
- ORL - 24-yard FG Cimadevilla
- ARI - Schexnayder 6-yard pass from Bonner (Zendejas kick)
- ORL - Shell 42-yard pass from Bennett (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - 23-yard FG Zendejas
- ARI - 40-yard FG Zendejas
- ARI - Vaughn 2-yard pass from Bonner (Czyzewski kick)
- ORL - Walls 38-yard pass from Bennett (Langeloh kick)
- ARI - 21-yard FG Zendejas
- ORL - Wagner 4-yard run (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - Schexnayder 24-yard pass from Bonner (Bonner pass failed)
- On the Arena Football League's 20 Greatest Highlights Countdown, this game was ranked #14.
- The Orlando Predators were favored by 16 points.