|No. of offices||5|
|No. of attorneys||approximately 450|
|No. of employees||approximately 200 support staff|
|Major practice areas|
|Key people||Mark M. Katz|
|Founder||Henry J. Fox|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Arent Fox LLP (formerly Arent, Fox, Kintner, Plotkin & Kahn) is a national white shoe law firm and lobbying firm. It represents global corporations, local and national politicians, and large non-profit organizations. The firm is ranked 77th on the Vault Law 100 list of most prestigious law firms in the United States. The firm is based in Washington, D.C. with offices in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
Arent Fox is a general service firm. In addition to its lobbying practice, it has practices in antitrust, corporate, environmental, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, tax law, bankruptcy, international trade, corporate finance, and ERISA matters. The firm also has special practice groups for certain industries, such as the automotive industry, construction, healthcare, hospitality, energy, non-profit organizations, media and entertainment, sweepstakes and loyalty programs, and life sciences.
Notable lawyers and alumni
- Carol A. Beier, Associate Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, practiced white-collar criminal defense at the firm during the 1980s.
- Bob Bennett, former United States Senator from Utah.
- Randall Boe was an associate at Arent Fox before becoming general counsel to America Online.
- Dale Bumpers, former Governor of Arkansas and U.S. Senator for Arkansas, worked in the firm's Washington, D.C. office prior to his death on January 1, 2016.
- John Culver, former U.S. Senator for Iowa, worked in the firm's Washington, D.C. office prior to his death on December 27, 2018.
- Phil English, Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania's 3rd congressional district.
- Lorie Skjerven Gildea, Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, was an associate at Arent Fox before returning to Minnesota and beginning her career as a prosecutor.
- Byron Dorgan, former United States Senator from North Dakota.
- Doug Jones, former United States Senator from Alabama.
- Robert C. O'Brien, former 28th United States National Security Advisor, former US delegate to the 60th session of the United Nations General Assembly, joined the firm's Los Angeles office in 2007.
- Pierre-Richard Prosper, former United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, joined the firm's Los Angeles office in 2007.
- Jim Talent, former U.S. Senator from Missouri, served as a lobbyist at Arent Fox in 2001.
- Fred Thompson, former U.S. Senator for Tennessee, actor, and 2008 presidential candidate has served as a lobbyist for Arent Fox.
- Chris Van Hollen, U.S. Senator from Maryland, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Maryland's 8th district
- "Arent Fox LLP". Locations.
- "Arent Fox LLP". About. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Arent Fox LLP". Services. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- Carol A. Beier official bio from Kansas Supreme Court
- Carney, Timothy (2011-03-01) The Great 2010 Cashout: Dodd writes regulations Hollywood likes, gets hired as Hollywood lobbyist[permanent dead link], Washington Examiner
- "Ex-AOL Lawyer Tried in Vain to Save Arena Football League". news.bloomberglaw.com. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "Big Law Alum Nets Big Payday to Lead Renegade Football League". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "Arent Fox biographical sketch of Bumpers". Archived from the original on 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "Culver's firm bio". Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- "Erie displays solidarity amid COVID-19 pandemic: Phil English". GoErie.com. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "Tech Allies Push For Virus Bill To Prolong Full R&D Expensing - Law360". www.law360.com. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "Issa and DeMaio jostle for Hunter seat | San Diego Reader". www.sandiegoreader.com. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- Carney, Timothy (2011-01-11) The Great 2010 Cashout: Byron Dorgan & Bob Bennett to K Street[permanent dead link], Washington Examiner
- Presidential Nominations November 2005
- "Arent Fox biographical sketch of Prosper". Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- U.S. Lobby Registration and Reporting Disclosure[permanent dead link]
- "The Fred Files, from the Nashville Post". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2008-06-15.