Arenys de Munt
Arenys de Munt
|• Mayor||Joan Rabasseda Ferrer (2015)|
|• Total||21.3 km2 (8.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||121 m (397 ft)|
|• Density||410/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
Arenys de Munt (Catalan pronunciation: [əˈɾɛɲz ðə ˈmun], arenys being Catalan for "sands (of a seasonal creek)", and de munt for "up hill" as opposed to Arenys de Mar, "sands by the sea") is a municipality in the comarca of the Maresme in Catalonia, Spain. It is situated inland from the coast, in the el Corredor range and including the peak of el Montalt (595 m). It retains a textile industry specialised in the production of towels, and is also known for the production of strawberries, cherries and liqueurs. The B-511 road links the town with Arenys de Mar, Vallgorguina and Sant Celoni.
On September 13, 2009, the municipality held a symbolic referendum (with no legal status under the Spanish Constitution) on self-determination and independence for Catalonia. The participation rate was 41% (33% of the town's entire population, including those under the voting age ). Over 96% of participating voters cast ballots in favour of independence. The referendum gave inertia to a movement for similar consultations to be held in other municipalities across Catalonia, including a co-ordinated vote in multiple municipalities, which was held a week later, on December 13.[contradictory]
- Panareda Clopés, Josep Maria; Rios Calvet, Jaume; Rabella Vives, Josep Maria (1989). Guia de Catalunya, Barcelona:Caixa de Catalunya. ISBN 84-87135-01-3 (Spanish). ISBN 84-87135-02-1 (Catalan).
- "Ajuntament d'Arenys de Munt". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "El municipi en xifres: Arenys de Munt". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- "Videoclubmadison.com". Videoclubmadison.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Loading..." Myetymology.com. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Arenys vota masivamente a favor de la independencia de Cataluña". Elpais.com. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2009-09-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-09-22. Retrieved 2009-09-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arenys de Munt.|
- Official website (in Catalan)
- Government data pages (in Catalan)
- Interesting Historic and Artistic places in Arenys de Munt (in Catalan)