|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|Traded as||NYSE: ARES|
|Founder||Antony Ressler, John Kissick, Michael Arougheti, David Kaplan, and Bennett Rosenthal|
|Headquarters||2000 Avenue of the Stars
|Products||U.S. and European senior secured bank loans, high yield bonds, distressed debt and other fixed income investments in a variety of funds and investment vehicles, Private equity funds, Private debt, Collateralized debt obligations|
|Total assets||$92 billion|
Number of employees
Ares Management, L.P. is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager focused on alternative strategies, including private equity, direct lending, tradable credit, and real estate activities. Ares has principal offices located in Los Angeles, New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Hong Kong, Shanghai, San Francisco, Boston, Luxembourg, Chengdu, Dubai and Sydney and Washington D.C.
The firm was established in 1997.
Ares Capital Management LLC, a subsidiary of Ares Management, L.P. and an SEC-registered investment adviser, is the investment adviser to Ares Capital Corporation, a publicly traded closed-end, non-diversified specialty finance company that is regulated as a business development company, or a BDC, under the Investment Company Act of 1940 NASDAQ: ARCC. Established in 2004, Ares Capital Corporation provides financing for middle market acquisitions, recapitalizations, and leveraged buyouts, mainly in the United States.
Ares Management Limited, a subsidiary of Ares Management, L.P., was established in 2006 as an expansion of the Ares business platform into Europe. As such, it is focused on Ares European capital markets operations. Ares Management Limited is authorized under the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the United Kingdom to provide certain investment advisory services. In May 2007, a minority interest in the firm was acquired by an international institutional investor, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority. The investor is experienced in alternative asset classes and did not acquire any voting or governance rights via its investment.
The firm's Board of Directors is currently composed of its co-founders, Antony Ressler, Michael Arougheti, David Kaplan, John H. Kissick, and Bennett Rosenthal, who together with Bill Benjamin, Greg Margolies, Kipp deVeer, Lee Neibart, Michael Weiner, and Michael McFerran comprise the senior management team and majority ownership of Ares.
Ares’ investment activities are conducted through four business platforms:
- Ares Tradable Credit Group, manages U.S. and European senior secured bank loans, high yield bonds, distressed debt, and other fixed income investments in a variety of funds and investment vehicles.
- Ares Direct Lending Group, manages the assets of Ares Capital Corporation, Ares Capital Europe, and other funds and primarily invests in self-originated senior and mezzanine debt of middle market companies.
- Ares Private Equity Group, makes opportunistic majority or shared-control investments, principally in under-capitalized middle market companies.
- Ares Real Estate Group, makes equity and debt investments in real estate assets in North America and Europe, including through its publicly traded REIT, Ares Commercial Real Estate Corporation
- "About Ares". AresCapitalCorp.com. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Company Overview of Ares Management LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. February 13, 2015.
- Devin Banerjee, Jodi Xu Klein and Leslie Picker (March 27, 2014). "Ares Management Said to Prepare to File for IPO in Days". Bloomberg News.
- "Exclusive: Private equity firm Ares rejects pitches to do IPO soon". Reuters.
- "Ares Falls in Debut After First Private-Equity IPO Since '12". Bloomberg.
- "About Ares". AresMgmt.com. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- Ares Management (company website)
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC) (company website)
- Ares Commercial Real Estate (ACRE) (company website)