Old cannons of Argao
Map of Cebu with Argao highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||2nd district of Cebu|
|Barangay||45 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Edsel Galeos (LP)|
|• Vice mayor||Stanley Caminero|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||191.50 km2 (73.94 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||380/km2 (980/sq mi)|
|• Voter (2013)||42,438, 45,139|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||1st class|
Argao is a first income class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 72,366. In the 2013 election, it had 42,438, 45,139 registered voters.
The municipality of Argao is located in the southeast of the province of Cebu, 68 km (42 mi) from Cebu City. Argao is exactly midway between Cebu City and the southern tip of Cebu island at (Santander). It is approximately 26 km (16 mi) from Carcar, from Alcoy, and from Loon which is across the Bohol or Cebu Strait. The rectangle that is Argao – 20 km × 40 km (12 mi × 25 mi) more or less – is bounded, clockwise, in the west by Badian, Alcantara, Ronda, and Dumanjug; in the north by Sibonga; in the east by the Bohol Strait; and in the south by Dalaguete.
|Population census of Argao|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Municipal: Argao, Cebu". PSA. Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2015), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 20 June 2016
- "2016 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2016.
- PSA; Census of Population (2010), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay, retrieved 29 June 2016
- NSO; Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007), "Region VII (CENTRAL VISAYAS)", Total Population by Province, City and Municipality, archived from the original on 24 June 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Argao.|