Argentine Peak, July 2006
|Elevation||13,743 ft (4,189 m) |
|Prominence||638 ft (194 m) |
|Isolation||1.49 mi (2.40 km) |
|Location||Continental Divide between|
Clear Creek and Summit counties, Colorado, United States
|Parent range||Front Range|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map|
Argentine Peak is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 13,743-foot (4,189 m) thirteener is located in Arapaho National Forest, 8.5 miles (13.6 km) southwest by south (bearing 211°) of Georgetown, Colorado, United States. The summit lies on the Continental Divide between Clear Creek and Summit counties.
The peak is approximately 1 mile south of Argentine Pass. The peak and the pass take their names from the Argentine District, Colorado's first major silver mining district. Argentum is the Latin word for silver, for the silver ore found in the area.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "SOUTH ARGENTINE RESET". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- The elevation of Argentine Peak includes an adjustment of +1.830 m (+6.00 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Argentine Peak, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "Argentine Peak". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "Colorado's Summits – 13,000 to 13,999 feet". ClimbMountains.com. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- Edward L. Berthoud, On Rifts of Ice in the Rocks Near the Summit of Mt. McClellan, Colorado, and on the Different Limits of Vegetation on Adjoining Summits in the Territory, American Journal of Science and Arts, Vol. XI, No, LXII (Feb. 1876); page 108.
- Argentine Peak on 13ers.com
- Argentine Peak on listsofjohn.com
- Argentine Peak on peakery.com[permanent dead link]
- Argentine Peak on summitpost.org
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|