ARGO (ATV manufacturer)
|Industry||All-terrain amphibious vehicles|
|Headquarters||New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada|
Joerg Stieber - ChairmanBrad Darling - President
|Products||Amphibious ATV / UTV / XTV|
|Divisions||Vehicle Division, Gear Division, Space & Robotics Division|
ARGO is a Canadian manufacturer of amphibious all-terrain vehicles. It was founded in 1962 as Ontario Drive and Gear Limited, in Kitchener, Ontario and was later moved to New Hamburg, Ontario. ARGO offers 6×6 and 8×8 amphibious extreme terrain vehicles.
The ARGO is an all-terrain 8×8 or 6×6 amphibious ATV / UTV / XTV. ODG has been manufacturing the ARGOs for over five decades.
- 8×8 and 6×6
- Triple differential ADMIRAL steering transmission provides even torque to all 8 of the 25" ARGO tires.
- Hydraulic vented disc brakes
- Front and rear axle bearing extensions
- One-piece handlebar steering control with mounted brake lever.
- Aftermarket parts available
- Company Profile
- "Nunavut SAR Volunteers Receive 12 Amphibious Avenger ATVs to Tackle Rescues in Partially-Thawed (or -Frozen) Conditions". Canadian American Strategic Review. 2009-11. Archived from the original on 2009-11-23. Check date values in:
- "Avenger in Collector's Garb". Nebraska Farmer. 2007-10-07. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14.
- Jeremy Clarkson (2009-08-07). "Why small Argo Avenger is in a class of its own". Business Daily Africa. Archived from the original on 2009-09-26. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- http://www.therecord.com/news-story/2573440-ontario-drive-and-gear-over-the-moon-with-rover-vehicle/ The Record - Ontario Drive and Gear over the moon with rover vehicle