The October 22, 2012 front page of the
|Founded||1881 (as the Argus)|
|Headquarters||200 S. Minnesota Avenue|
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
The Argus Leader is the daily newspaper of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It is part of Argus Leader Media (which operates ArgusLeader.com, Argus 911, The Sioux Falls Business Journal and other publications) and the USA TODAY Network. It is South Dakota's largest newspaper by circulation.
The Argus Leader is South Dakota's largest newspaper in circulation. The weekday circulation for the newspaper was 23,721 as of October, 2017. The Sunday edition has a circulation of 32,981 as of October, 2017.
The associated website, ArgusLeader.com boasts most traffic and unique visitors in its market, according to Comscore.com's data.
Along with the daily newspaper the Argus Leader owns smaller local papers in the region.
- Brandon Valley Challenger
- Dell Rapids Tribune
The newspaper also publishes an economic weekly, the Sioux Falls Business Journal, and a handful of magazines.
In 2011, the newspaper sought information about the federal food stamps program through a Freedom of Information Act request. The request was denied, and eight years later, the United States Supreme Court found in favor of the government in a 6-3 decision.
- "South Dakota Newspapers". South Dakota Newspapers. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "comScore helps clients measure what matters to make cross-platform audiences and advertising more valuable". comScore, Inc. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "After 8 years of legal battles, quest for food stamp data lands at Supreme Court". USA Today. April 20, 2019. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
- "Supreme Court limits access to government records in loss for Argus Leader, part of the USA TODAY Network". June 24, 2019. Retrieved 2019-06-24.