Argyle Independent School District
|Argyle Independent School District|
|800 Eagle Dr.
ESC Region 11
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Telena Wright|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||120.36 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.87 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football|
|Colors||Red, Black, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,032,239,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.040 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools.
- Regular instructional
- Argyle High School (Grades 9-12)
- Argyle Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Argyle Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Hilltop Elementary School (Grades K-4)
- Alternative instructional
- Denton County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
The school features a newspaper operated by students called The Talon.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Argyle ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Argyle High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|