Ari Joshua Zucker
|Birth name||Ariel Joshua Zucker|
|Also known as||Ari Joshua|
|Origin||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Genres||Underground rock, jazz, Experimental|
|Occupation(s)||Guitarist, musician, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Big High
|Custom Krause Guitars*
1961 Les Paul
Ibanez GB 10
Ari Joshua was born in Cape Town, South Africa but his early days as an artist were spent in Seattle, WA., where he grew up and first discovered his musical calling. His hard work and raw talent were quickly recognized, and Ari was awarded a scholarship to study music on the East Coast after high school. "Moving to New York and studying music for 5 years was one of the richest experiences of my life," says Ari. "It was from my fellow students and mentors at The New School, and Mason Gross School of the Arts that I began to appreciate the true power of musical expression."
Played on Stage or Recorded with
Stone Gossard, Michael Shrieve, Joe Doria, Barrett Martin, Peter Buck, Kevin Sawka, Michael Kang, The Benevento Russo Duo, Marcus Strickland, EJ Strickland, Reggie Watts, Robert Glasper, DJ Swamp, Blake Lewis, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Tom Morello, Mike McCready, Skerik, Matt Butler's Everyone Orchestra, David Tiller, Matt Sircely, New Monsoon, Ralph Peterson, David Brogen (ALO), Shawn Smith (Brad, Satchel), Handful of Lovin, and more
Richie Beirach, Kenny Barron, Reggie Workman, Ted Dunbar, Jack Wilkins, Vic Juris, Hal Galper, Jimmy Owens, Milo Petersen, George Garzone, Armen Donelian, Richard Boukas, Bobby Sanabria, Bill Kirshner, Jimmy Cobb, Gary Dial, Classical Guitarist Virginia Luque, Ralph Peterson, Noah Baerman, Larry Ridly, Mike Richmond, Ralph Bowen, Bill Fielder, Badal Roy, Robert Bedford, and many, many more.
- Roosevelt Jazz Band
- Solidification Acidophilus Culture (1995)
- Live at Chez Oskar Ari Joshua Trio (2000)
- Open Road From Here Senior Thesis (2001)
- East vs West The Fort Green Project (2002)
Side Man / Compilation
- ATMA Atma (2004)
- Both Live Stone Gossard Solo (2009)
- Beautiful Lady Sound vs Silence Vol. 2 (2009)
- Clockwork Slow Bunny (2011)
- Hathead Hathead (2004)
- Swampdweller Swampdweller (2004)
- My Favorite Monster Swampdweller (2007)
- Circular Data Remix by DJ SWAMP (2007)
- Chapter One AriSawkaDoria (2006)
- Big High Album Review – Blog Critics
- Big High Review – Seattle PI[permanent dead link]
- Big High Review Innocent Words by Troy Michael Archived 2 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tango Alpha Tango Portland Show Review
- New School Alumni Relations Archived 21 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Pearl Jam Official Homepage Archived 28 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- YouTube – Performance with Michael Shrieve
- Blake Lewis – Monsters and Critics Archived 22 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sound vs Silence