From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arian may refer to:
- Arius, a Christian presbyter in the 3rd and 4th century
- a given name in different cultures: Aria, Aryan (both Persian or Indian names) or Arian (Albanian name)
- or Areian: the designation of an inhabitant of Aria (a region in the eastern part of the Persian empire; today's Herat), used by the ancient and medieval Greeks (as Ἄρ(ε)ιοι/Ar(e)ioi) and Romans (as Arii).
- Arian controversy, several controversies which divided the early Christian church
- Arians or Areians, ancient tribe, living in Aria (satrapy), now in Iran.
- Arian (band), a pop band in Iran
- Polish Brethren, also known as Arians
- Aries (astrology)
- Asher Arian, American political scientist
- Arián, Spanish given name (rare)
- Ariane (disambiguation), the French spelling of Ariadne, a character in Greek mythology
- Ariane (rocket family), a series of space vehicles
- Arrian, Greek historian
- Arius (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Arian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.