Ariane in April 2014
|Birth name||Ariane Nicole Andrew|
November 3, 1987 |
Northridge, California, United States
|Resides||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed weight||120 lb (54 kg)|
|Billed from||Orlando, Florida
|Trained by||Florida Championship Wrestling|
|Debut||July 7, 2011|
Ariane Nicole Andrew (born November 3, 1987) is an American professional wrestler, model, dancer, valet and singer who is currently signed with WWE under the ring name Cameron (an abbreviation for Cameron Lynn). Under her real name, Andrew joined the 2011 season of Tough Enough where she was the first competitor eliminated. She later signed with WWE and joined Naomi in forming The Funkadactyls. From early 2013 - late 2014, Andrew was featured as one of the main cast members of Total Divas.
Tough Enough (2011)
In 2011, Andrew competed in an non-televised Diva Search & won, winning a WWE contract. Later that year, Andrew was one of fourteen contestants on the revival of WWE Tough Enough, where she was the first eliminated. Despite this, Andrew is the only participant from the show to still be employed by WWE.
Florida Championship Wrestling (2011–2012)
Immediately after being eliminated on the revival season of Tough Enough, Andrew confirmed on her official Twitter account that WWE had signed her to a developmental contract as she would then make her debut on July 7, 2011, as a ring announcer at a FCW house show. It was not until July 9 that she made her in-ring debut, under the new ring name Cameron Lynn, in a divas battle royal, which consisted of Audrey Marie, Caylee Turner, Kaitlyn, Maxine, Raquel Diaz, Sonia, and Aksana, in which Lynn was eliminated first. On the October 9, 2011, episode of FCW Television, she made her debut with Byron Saxton accompanying Naomi Knight to ringside during her match against the debuting Leah West, which she won. At the October 23 episode of FCW Television Tapings, Lynn teamed with Knight in a winning effort defeating the team of Caylee Turner and Kaitlyn when Knight pinned Turner after a leg lariat.
The Funkadactyls (2012–2014)
On the January 9, 2012 episode of Raw, Cameron made her WWE debut as one of the dancers and valets (together with Naomi) for the returning Brodus Clay. She made her WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania XXVIII alongside Naomi during a segment with Clay. At the pre-show of the TLC pay-per-view on December 16, 2012, Cameron participated in her first televised WWE match, which was a "Santa's Little Helpers" battle royal which was won by her fellow Funkadactyl Naomi who would face Eve Torres later for the WWE Divas Championship.
On the February 6, 2013 episode of WWE Main Event, The Funkadactyls got into a backstage altercation with Tamina Snuka and Aksana after Snuka and Aksana began to persuade Brodus Clay to fire The Funkadactyls and hire them as his backup dancers. This led to their first tag team match in which they defeated Snuka and Aksana.
On the March 15 episode of SmackDown, The Funkadactyls were attacked by the returning The Bella Twins in a backstage segment. On the March 22 episode of SmackDown and March 25 episode of Raw, The Funkadactyls attacked The Bella Twins after they interfered both times in Brodus Clay and Tensai's match against Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow). The Funkadactyls and The Bella Twins finally faced off in tag-team competition on the March 27 episode of WWE Main Event, where The Bella Twins emerged victorious when Nikki Bella pinned Naomi after an interference by Rhodes. Cameron and Naomi were set to team up with Brodus Clay and Tensai against Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins at Wrestlemania 29 in an eight–person mixed tag team match, however the match was cancelled because of time restraints. The match instead took place the following night on Raw, where Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls emerged victorious.
On the August 26 episode of Raw, Cameron and Naomi accompanied Natalya to an unsuccessful singles match against Brie Bella, until AJ Lee interrupted and declared war on the Total Divas, criticizing them as undeserving. On the September 27 episode of Smackdown!, Cameron was defeated by AJ Lee in singles match after AJ put Cameron in her "Black Widow" submission. Cameron joined Team Total Divas in a traditional survivor series elimination tag-team match against Team "True Divas" (Foxsana, Divas Champion AJ, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Tamina Snuka, and Summer Rae) at the Survivor Series pay-per-view and the following night on Raw; although Cameron was eliminated by Mendes in the former event and by Snuka in the latter, her team was ultimately victorious in both competitions.
On December 15 at the TLC pay-per-view, Cameron, along with fellow Funkadactyl Naomi and Tensai, abandoned Brodus Clay because of his attitude, effectively disbanding Tons of Funk. The following night on an episode of Raw, Cameron and Naomi aligned themselves with R-Truth and Xavier Woods and started managing them to their matches. In January 2014, The Funkadactyls started a feud with AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka, when Naomi received a push and defeated Lee in various tag team matches on both Raw and SmackDown. However their rivalry was cut shortly after Naomi suffered an eye injury during her match with Aksana on the February 3 episode of Raw. On the February 10 episode of Raw, Cameron pinned Aksana during a six-Divas tag team match, and on the February 19 episode of Main Event, Cameron defeated her again in a singles match. On February 23 at the Elimination Chamber, Cameron received her first shot at the WWE Divas Championship, a match which she won via disqualification after Tamina Snuka accidentally attacked AJ Lee. Cameron received a rematch on the February 28 episode of SmackDown, but she lost to Lee after being forced to submit to the Black Widow. At WrestleMania XXX, Cameron failed to capture the title in the "Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational" match, which was ultimately won by Lee.
Singles competition (2014–present)
In June, Cameron was placed in a brief feud with Divas Champion Paige, in which Cameron would begin displaying a villainous persona, with the latter challenging Paige in three non-title matches on WWE Superstars and Raw, all of which Paige would win. The Funkadactyls continued their falling out on Raw and Main Event, in which they had a disagreement after winning a handicap match versus Nikki Bella.
On the July 7 episode of Raw, Cameron and Naomi were defeated by AJ Lee and Paige after Cameron tagged herself in and was pinned by Paige. After the match, a brawl started between The Funkadactyls in and out of the ring, and as a result, Cameron turned into a villainess and the team was disbanded. The following night on an episode of Main Event, Cameron was scheduled to team with Naomi, Natalya, Eva Marie, Rosa Mendes, and Summer Rae against Nikki Bella in a six–on–one handicap match, but only showed up to attack Naomi and Nikki. Cameron competed in her first match as a villainess on the July 15 episode of Main Event against Emma. After losing the match, the villainous Cameron attacked Emma before being scared off by Naomi. These events led to a match on the Battleground pre-show, where Cameron defeated Naomi after a controversial finish. At Survivor Series, Cameron participated in a 4-on-4 elimination tag team match, where she was eliminated by Naomi before her team ultimately lost the match. On the April 13, 2015, episode of Raw, Cameron competed in a number one contender's battle royal for Nikki Bella's WWE Divas Championship, which would be won by Paige. After being the special guest referee for a match between Alicia Fox and Natalya, Cameron would attack both women on the April 9 episode of Smackdown, which would lead to a triple threat match the following week, with Cameron coming out victorious.
Andrew played a main role for the reality television show Total Divas produced by WWE and E!. The show began airing in July 2013. In May 2015, it was announced that Andrew would not be featured as a full time cast member on the show for season 4. Andrew made her video game debut as a playable character in WWE 2K15.
|2011||WWE Tough Enough||Herself||Contestant|
|2013–2015||Total Divas||Herself||Main Cast (Season 1–3)|
|Birth name||Ariane Andrew|
|Genres||Pop, dance, electropop, R&B|
|2014||"Bye Bye"||Non album single|
|2015||"Wrong Number"||Non album single|
Andrew graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in business marketing and a Bachelor of Science in psychology from California State University, Northridge. She moved to North Hollywood, California, where she worked as a behavior therapist for autistic children.
In August 2012, Andrew was arrested for driving under the influence, and allegedly tried to bribe the arresting officer. Andrew was punished with a two-week suspension by WWE for the incident.
- Finishing Moves
- Signature moves
- Crossbody, sometimes from the top rope
- Double chickenwing
- Double knee facebreaker
- Hurricanrana, sometimes from out of the corner
- Modified surfboard stretch
- Running clothesline
- Schoolgirl, sometimes from out of the corner
- Single leg dropkick
- Snap suplex
- Split-legged leg drop
- Thesz press
- Wheelbarrow bulldog
- Wheelbarrow split-legged arm drag
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- California Birth Index
- "FCW roster". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved 4 September 2011. last archived 2 May 2012
- "OWW profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- "Eck's Factor": Weekly Analysis for 1/13/12 by Kevin Eck on WWE.com 13 January 2012
Clay has a unique look and a ton of personality, and he’s a believable butt-kicker who can cut a decent promo. On top of that, his dancers (Naomi and Cameron Lynn) are certainly easy on the eyes
- "Ariane Andrew – Meet the Contestants – WWE Tough Enough". USA Network. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Funky Divas: Bringing the WWE to Reality TV [INTERVIEW]".
- "Another Tough Enough Contestant Debuts in WWE Developmental". Diva Dirt. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "FCW Live Event Notes & Pictures from July 9th: Ariane’s In-Ring Debut, Divas Battle Royal". Diva Dirt. 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- Stephens, David. "Raw Results - 1/9/12". Wrestleview. Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- "BRODUS CLAY CALLS HIS MOMMA: PHOTOS". WWE. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
Accompanied by the beautiful Naomi and Cameron, The Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay, dances his way onto The Grandest Stage of Them All.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE TLC PPV RESULTS 12/16: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of final 2012 PPV - Cena vs. Ziggler main event, Shield makes a statement". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- Martin, Adam. "WWE Main Event Results - 2/6/12 (Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes)". Wrestleview. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Cupach, Micheal. "CUPACH'S WWE MAIN EVENT RESULTS 2/6: Rhodes Scholars in singles action, Tag Champs argue, Sheamus's Impersonation Night, Divas tag match (updated w/Box Score)". PWTorch. Retrieved Feb 6, 2013.
- "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 3/22: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of the Friday night show, including Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger in a rematch from last week".
- Mike Tedesco, Mike. "WWE RAW Results - 3/25/13 (Rock/Cena Q and A)". Wrestleview. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Bowman, Clinton. "WWE Main Event Results - 3/27/13 (Kane vs. Cesaro)". Wrestleview. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/8: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - WM29 fall-out, new World Champ, no Rock, Taker live, crowd takes over".
- Cadwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/1: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Punk bathes with "ashes," HBK returns to Raw, final WM29 hype with Rock, Hunter, Lesnar, Taker". PWInsider. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- Benigno, Anthony (26 August 2013). "Brie Bella def. Natalya: Dropping her own version of her ex-paramour’s famous pipe bomb, the "Black Widow" administered a lethal dose of poison to her fellow Divas, whom she felt were gifted the opportunities she had to sacrifice for. "You’re all worthless excuses for women, and you will never be able to touch me, And that’s reality."". WWE.
- David Stephens (27 September 2013). "WWE Smackdown Results - 9/27/13 (Orton vs. The Miz)". Wrestleview. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Johnson, Mike. "COMPLETE WWE SURVIVOR SERIES BLOG, OR...DANIEL BRYAN IS SORELY MISSED IN THE MAIN EVENT PICTURE". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Trionfo, Richard. "LIVE, ONGOING, WWE RAW REPORT: 14 DIVAS ELIMINATION MATCH TWICE IN TWO DAYS". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "WWE TLC PPV Results - 12/15/13 (Unification Main Event)".
- Caldwell, James (16 December 2013). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 12/16: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw following TLC - Orton vs. Bryan excellent main event, HBK surprise appearance, more". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Caldwell, James (13 January 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 1/13: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Big show-closing angle involving Daniel Bryan, Hall of Fame, Rumble hype, more". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- "Raw live results: January 20, 2014". WWE.com. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Raw live results: January 20, 2014". WWE.com. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Raw results: Outlaws survive the steel, The Shield & The Wyatts circle the wagons and Bryan de-fangs the Champion of Champions". WWE.com. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "UPDATE: Naomi suffers eye injury on Raw". WWE.
- Cardwell, James (10 February 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 2/10: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Orton vs. Cena, Bryan follow-up, Henry returns, Betty White, U.S. Title match, more from L.A.". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Cardwell, James (19 February 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE MAIN EVENT RESULTS 2/19: The Shield tries to one-up The Wyatts, Kofi vs. Axel, final PPV hype". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Caldwell, James. "WWE E. CHAMBER PPV RESULTS 2/23 (Hour 2): Shield vs. Wyatts big six-man tag, Batista vs. Del Rio, Divas Title". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- "CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Wrestling - PPVReports: WrestleMania XXX brings the beginning and end of eras". canoe.com.
- James, Justin (5 June 2014). "James's WWE Superstars report 6/5: Divas champ in action, Titus vs. Big E. main event, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Caldwell, James (16 June 2014). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 6/16: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Cena in main event, MITB title match set, Shield Explodes Week 3, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Caldwell, James (17 June 2014). "Caldwell's WWE Main Event results 6/17: Sheamus & Usos vs. Wyatts main event, Rollins-Ambrose scrap, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Caldwell, James (30 June 2014). "Caldwell's WWE Raw Results 6/30: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of the Big Reset Raw post-Money in the Bank". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 7, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 7/7: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Cena vs. Rollins, Jericho vs. Miz, Bret Hart returns to Montreal, more". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Caldwell, James (July 8, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE MAIN EVENT RESULTS 7/8: Sheamus defends U.S. Title, Jericho hosts Hart on the Highlight Reel". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Martin, Adam. "WWE Main Event Results - 7/15/14 (Sheamus vs. The Miz)". Wrestleview. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Taylor, Scott. "Cameron def. Naomi by pinning her whilst pulling her tights". WWE.com. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- Caldwell, James. (November 23, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE S. SERIES PPV RESULTS 11/23: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Team Cena vs. Team Authority, more". PWTorch.
- Caldwell, James (April 13, 2015). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/13: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of London Raw - Cena's latest U.S. Title Open Challenge, #1 contender battle royal, Extreme Rules hype, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- Parks, Greg (April 9, 2015). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 4/9: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Thursday show, including Miz TV, Neville's Smackdown debut". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Parks, Greg (April 16, 2015). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 4/16: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Thursday show, including Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. Daniel Bryan & John Cena". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (July 12, 2013). "WWE News: WWE & E! announce "Total Divas" details, number of episodes, male cast members". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (May 21, 2015). "TOTAL DIVAS MOVING DAYS?, CAST CHANGES?". PWInsider. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Cameron confronts her brother and his friends: Total Divas Preview Clip, Oct. 5, 2014. YouTube. 2 October 2014.
- "WWE Star Cameron -- Arrested for DUI ... Allegedly Tries to Bribe Cops". http://www.tmz.com.
- Keith Harris. "WWE suspends Ariane Andrew aka Cameron, for fifteen days". Cageside Seats.
- James, Justin (November 14, 2013). "JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS RESULTS 11/14: Khali & Usos vs. Players & The Miz in six-man tag, Divas tag". Pro Wrestling Torch.
Cameron lands the "Girl Bye" DDT for the win.
- Trionfo, Richard. "LIVE, ONGOING WWE RAW REPORT: JOHN CENA CLOSES A TIMELINE. . . IS IT A DARK ONE?; NEWEST HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE ANNOUNCED; WYATTS AND SHIELD ADD MORE INTRIGUE TO THEIR MATCH AT ELIMINATION CHAMBER". PWInsider. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS RESULTS 11/14: Khali & Usos vs. Players & The Miz in six-man tag, Divas tag".
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT 8/7: U.S. champ Sheamus vs. O'Neil solid main event, plus Divas match". PWTorch. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- James Caldwell (2013-04-01). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/1: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Punk bathes with "ashes," HBK returns to Raw, final WM29 hype with Rock, Hunter, Lesnar, Taker". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Namako, Jason (October 12, 2014). "WWE SUPERSTARS RESULTS - 10/9/14 (RYDER VS. SLATER)". WrestleView. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "WWE Main Event Redux (July 1st, 2014): Cameron & Stephanie Continue to Cause Trouble". Diva-Dirt. July 2, 2014. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 5/23: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Batista vs. Dolph Ziggler, and an appearance by Hulk Hogan". PWTorch. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 6/27: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Roman Reigns vs. Kane". PWTorch. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "WWE Monday Night Raw Recap – April 1st, 2013: The Funkadactlys vs The Bella Twins". The BellaTwins.net. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "WWE RAW Results - 9/15/14 (Brock Lesnar returns)".
- D'Agostino, Joe (September 16, 2014). "WWE Main Event Results – September 16th, 2014". PWMania. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Crowder, Alex (November 11, 2014). "411’s WWE Main Event Report 11.11.14". 411Mania. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Calloway, Bobby. "WWE Divas – April 10th NXT Results: Twin Magic Trumps The Funk…". LethalWOW. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (June 2014). "COMPLETE WWE ELIMINATION CHAMBER COVERAGE". PWInsider.
- "SmackDown Redux (November 8th, 2013): AJ Gets Her Mojo Back, but Cameron’s the Real Standout". Diva-Dirt. June 2014.
- "WWE Superstars Results – June 5, 2014". PWMania. June 5, 2014. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Calloway, Bobby (March 19, 2014). "WWE Divas, March 18th Main Event Results – A Flawless Victory For The Funkadactyls". LethalWow. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Trionfo, Richard (February 23, 2013). "WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT: SIN CARA VERSUS DREW MCINTYRE; DIVAS ACTION; AND MORE". PWInsider.
- Medalis, Kara A. (18 August 2013). "Natalya def. Brie Bella". WWE.
- " "WWE:"#GirlBye (Cameron)- Single"".
- "Paige Tops PWI Female 50". November 13, 2014.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 27, 2014). "Jan 27 2014 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: 2013 Annual awards issue, best in the world in numerous categories, plus all the news in pro-wrestling and MMA over the past week and more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, California): 32. ISSN 1083-9593.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ariane Andrew.|
- Ariane Andrew's profile on WWE.com
- Ariane Andrew on Twitter
- Ariane Andrew at the Internet Movie Database