Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Defunct Company (acquired by Altran)|
|Founded||1991 (as Hughes Software Systems in New Delhi)|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California and later New York, New York (USA)|
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
|Laila Worrell (CEO))|
|Products||Product and service engineering (largely digital and software products and services)|
Number of employees
Aricent was a global design and engineering services company. It was acquired by French-based company Altran in 2018 and renamed Altran North America in April 2019  and Altran Americas in early 2020.
- 1991: Established as Hughes Software Systems (HSS) by KV Ramani in Nehru Place, New Delhi developing software solutions in the areas of VSAT-based networks for voice and data, cellular wireless telephony, packet switching, and multi-protocol routing. Pioneering in the development of Protocol Stacks. It acquired Frog Design for approximately $25 million.
- 2004: Flextronics bought HSS to form Flextronics Software Systems and merged with Future Software headquartered in Chennai.
- 2005: Expanded development operations in Kiev, Kherson and Vinnytsia in Ukraine; Randburg, South Africa; and Beijing, China. Was delisted from India's stock market in preparation for sale.
- 2006: Was acquired by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Sequoia Capital as part of a $900 million sales of software companies. The transaction represented the largest private equity buy-out in Indian history.
- 2007: Acquired Datalinx; launched service provider offerings.
- 2008: The Family Office, a multi-family office company with headquarters in Bahrain also joined in funding Aricent.
- 2011: Rebranded to Aricent Group.
- 2011: Opened engineering and development center for testing and wireless technologies in Vietnam
- 2013: Rebranded to Aricent.
- 2015: Acquired SmartPlay Technologies, a semiconductor service based firm for $180 million. As part of the deal, SmartPlay's 1,200-plus staff will join Aricent's staff.
- 2018: Altran acquires Aricent 
- 2019: Altran changes Aricent's name to Altran North America; Capgemini announces plans to acquire Altran Group 
- 2020: Altran North America is renamed Altran Americas; Capgemini acquires Altran Group in April
- Aricent Gurgaon Infotech Campus
- Aricent Gurgaon Tikri Office
- "About Us" (Webpage). Aricent. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "About Us". Aricent. 27 February 2016. Retrieved May 28, 2016.
- "KKR Current Investments". KKR. Archived from the original on 2006-08-25. Retrieved 2006-10-26.
- "Aricent - Sequoia Capital". Sequoia Capital. Archived from the original on 10 November 2006. Retrieved 2006-10-26.
- "Aricent Debuts As Communications Software Pure Play". KKR. Archived from the original on 2006-10-31. Retrieved 2006-10-26.
- "Flextronics takes over FutureSoft". The Hindu. 27 August 2004.
- "One Great Leap for Frog Design". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- "KV Ramani, Founder, Future Software Pvt Ltd and Ex Chairman, NASSCOM on 'Entrepreneurship and successful business models'". Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- "Buyout deal by KKR is India's largest ever". International Herald Tribune. Archived from the original on 24 October 2006. Retrieved 2006-10-31.
- "Aricent buys US firm in global market quest". Hindustan Times. 13 September 2007.
- "Aricent Announces New Funding from KKR and The Family Office". Aricent. Archived from the original on 9 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- "Rebranded to Aricent Group". Aricent. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Aricent opens software center in town - Aricent opens software center in town". Saigon Times. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-05-06.