Dr. Ariel Rosita King (Dr. Ariel R. King) is the founder of the Ariel Foundation International Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) and organizes AFI-Changemaker events which have been held at the United Nations. King has a consultancy firm, Ariel Consulting International.
King obtained an MPH in International Health from the University of Texas School of Public Health in 1994, and an MBA in International Health Management from Thunderbird, the American Graduate School of International Management in 1996. She completed her PhD in Public Health and Policy from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 2002.
Dr. Ariel Rosita King is known for her international health policy work, particularly with regard to HIV/AIDS, King is a founding and board member of Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP). She is a Rotarian, and is the Washington, DC representative for the National Council of Women at the UN United Nations. She is vice-chair of the Continental Advisory Board and the Chair of the Resource Mobilisation Committee, of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Reliance Alliance (S.A.H.A.R.A). She has served on the Boards of Directors of the National Black Women's Health Project, Positive Art: Women and Children with HIV/AIDS in South Africa, The Life Foundation AIDS Foundation of Hawaii, The Black Alliance for AIDS Prevention, and the Ronald McDonald House. King is also a member of the board of trustees of the Acid Survivors Trust International. In 2010, she also met with Princess Anne (Anne, Princess Royal) in the United Kingdom to discuss her non-profit work.
King has given presentations internationally on various research topics and has publications on the topics of HIV/AIDS, international health policy, national drug policy, medical ethics, health legislation, organ transplantation, and breast cancer. She has led the Ariel Foundation in the creation and hosting of cutting edge programs for young person development, such as AFI Changemakers-UN, and AFI Youth Summit, at the UN in Geneva. Under her leadership, AFI has earned ECOSOC status at the United Nations.,
King advocates for the rights of children, through the Ariana-Leilani International Children's Foundation.
King, born in 1962, lives in Europe, and is the mother of Ariana-Leilani King-Pfeiffer (aka Ariana-Leilani King), in regard to whom she has raised constitutional and international children's and parents rights issues.
- Events at the Ariel Foundation International, Dr. Ariel Rosita King, Founder, October 12, 2010
- "Alumni US | London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, U. of London". alumnius.net. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- e.g., WSSU[permanent dead link]
- Moher, D. "How science takes stock: the story of meta-analysis". BMJ. 317: 1088B. doi:10.1136/bmj.317.7165.1088b. PMC 1114086. PMID 9774318.
- "AFI CHANGEMAKERS AT THE UN – YOUNG PEOPLE MAKING CHANGE FOR A BETTER WORLD". www.changemakers-un.org. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Home of The Ariel Foundation International, Dr. Ariel Rosita King, President". www.arielfoundation.org. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-02-15. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Ariel Consulting International
- Ariel Foundation International
- Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Reliance Alliance (S.A.H.A.R.A)
- Regulating How We Die: The Ethical, Medical and Legal Issues Surrounding Physician-Assisted Suicide, British Medical Journal 1998
- Ariana-Leilani International Childrens Foundation
- Ariana-Leilani Website
- Ariana-Leilani Website
- AFI Changemakers Website