|Full name||Ariel Pedro Martínez González|
|Date of birth||9 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Sancti Spíritus, Cuba|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:33, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19 July 2015
Following his defection Martínez signed with United Soccer League club Charleston Battery, but was not cleared to play until late in the season due to issues with the processing of his documentation and work permit. Martínez made his only appearance for Charleston in a playoff loss to Louisville City before leaving the club at the end of 2015.
Martínez made his debut for Cuba in a September 2006 Gold Cup qualification match against the Turks and Caicos Islands. He was a squad member at the 2007 Gold Cup Finals. He has earned a total of 54 caps, scoring 11 goals, represented his country in 7 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at 3 CONCACAF Gold Cup final tournaments.
On 17 July 2015, it was confirmed that Martinez had, alongside teammates Keyler García, Arael Argüelles and Darío Suárez, defected to the United States following Cuba's victory over Guatemala in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Scores and results list Cuba's goal tally first.
|1.||4 September 2006||Estadio Pedro Marrero, La Habana, Cuba||Bahamas||
||2007 Caribbean Cup qualification|
|2.||6 September 2006||Cayman Islands||
|4.||14 November 2012||Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Trinidad and Tobago||Suriname||
||2012 Caribbean Cup qualification|
|5.||10 December 2012||Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua and Barbuda||French Guiana||
||2012 Caribbean Cup|
|7.||16 July 2013||Rentschler Field, East Hartford, United States||Belize||
||2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|10.||11 November 2014||Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay, Jamaica||French Guiana||
||2014 Caribbean Cup|
|11.||18 November 2014||Haiti||
- "Battery sign Cuban star striker – and defector – Ariel Martinez". ABC. 23 September 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "CUBAN NATIONAL ARIEL MARTINEZ JOINS MIAMI FC ROSTER". miamifc.com. Miami FC. 12 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 – Full Details – RSSSF
- "Appearances for Cuba National Team". RSSSF.
- Ariel Martínez – FIFA competition record
- Staff, MLSsoccer. "Gold Cup: Striker Ariel Martinez becomes the fourth player to defect from Cuba". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Martínez, Ariel". National Football Teams. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
|This biographical article related to Cuban association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|