This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
Harvey Mudd College
Claremont Graduate University
|Known for||Contributions in pseudo-random number generation and his contribution to the field of Computer science|
Florida State University
Lahore University of Management Sciences
|Doctoral advisor||Persi Diaconis|
|Other academic advisors||Jerome Spanier|
Arif Zaman is a Pakistani mathematician, academic scientist, and a retired professor of Statistics and Mathematics from Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan. Before joining LUMS in 1994, he also served in the Statistics Department at Purdue University and at Florida State University.
Zaman attended Harvey Mudd College, where he completed his B.S. in Mathematics in 1976. He received an M.A. in Applied Mathematics in 1977 at the Claremont Graduate School, and his PhD in Statistics at Stanford University in 1981. In his doctoral thesis, he studied de Finetti's theorem and its possible turn out in Markov chain.[clarification needed] His dissertation was supervised by Persi Diaconis.
- Arif Zaman (1984), "An Approximation Theorem for Finite Markov Exchangeability", Annals of Applied Probability, volume 4, page 223–229.
- "Random Binary Matrices in Bio-ecological Ecology - Instituting a Good Neighbor Policy", Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 9, No. 4, 405–421, 2002, (with D. Simberloff).
- ^ "Alumni 1981-1982, Dept. of Statistics, Stanford University". Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- ^ "Statistics - 40 year celebration - Purdue University".
- ^ a b "Arif Zaman". Arif Zaman, Professor of Mathematics and Statistics. 19 November 2007. Archived from the original on 28 May 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- ^ Arif Zaman at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Zaman's Home page
- Arif Zaman publications indexed by Google Scholar
- 20th-century Pakistani mathematicians
- 21st-century Pakistani mathematicians
- Claremont Graduate University alumni
- Florida State University faculty
- Harvey Mudd College alumni
- Academic staff of Lahore University of Management Sciences
- Living people
- Pakistani statisticians
- Purdue University faculty
- Stanford University alumni