|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
Arin Ilejay performing live with Avenged Sevenfold in 2012
|Birth name||Richard Arin Ilejay|
|Born||February 17, 1988|
|Labels||Warner Bros., Victory|
Ilejay started his musical career with the band Confide. He performed with the band from 2007 until 2009. Two years after his departure from Confide, Ilejay joined the band Avenged Sevenfold as the official replacement for James "The Rev" Sullivan. The band had hired on Mike Portnoy (formerly of Dream Theater) as a touring and session member before finding Ilejay. Ilejay played with Avenged Sevenfold from 2011 until 2015. The band fired Ilejay because of creative differences. The band put out a statement stating that the band and Ilejay were still friends. After leaving Avenged Sevenfold, Ilejay replaced Eric Fraizer of the band Islander. Joe Rickard (ex-Red, In Flames) originally filled in. After being in the band, Ilejay recorded on Islander's album Power Under Control.
His father, Ric Ilejay is of American, Filipino and Mexican origin, and Charlotte Tuttle, his mother, is American, Dutch and German of descent. Both Arin parents have musical training, since his father is a professional session guitarist, and her mother, singer gospel. Arin began playing drums at the age of nine. He learned to play the funk , the jazz , the rock and Latin jazz at an early age with his father. Playing the successes of the Top 40 jazz / rock bands, he also played with his friends in Christian rock bands, teaching Arin the versatility. The only formal training of Arin was with the Palmdale High School drumline under the musical direction of Tom Hixon. In August 2013, he married Kimberly Andrade. The couple have a daughter, Selah. Ilejay is a Christian.
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Power Under Control (2016; Victory Records)
- Chang, Vickie (January 21, 2011). "Avenged Sevenfold Names Arin Ilejay as New Drummer". OC Weekly. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Meyer, Ben (August 31, 2016). "Q&A: Islander's Arin Ilejay". Modern Drummer. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Drummer Arin Ilejay 'Shocked and Scared' After Being Fired By Avenged Sevenfold". Blabbermouth.net. June 17, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Hartmann, Graham (June 17, 2016). "Avenged Sevenfold Drummer was 'Shocked and Scared' After Avenged Sevenfold Firing". Loudwire. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Rosenberg, Axl (January 20, 2011). "THE NEW DRUMMER FOR AVENGED SEVENFOLD IS, UH...WHO?". MetalSucks. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Reid, Sean. "Ex-Confide Drummer Arin Ilejay Joins Avenged Sevenfold". Alter the Press!. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Shaw, Zach (January 20, 2011). "Avenged Sevenfold Confide Who Their New Drummer Is". Metal Insider. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Bird, Michele (January 20, 2011). "Avenged Sevenfold announce Arin Ilejay as New Drummer". Alternative Press. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Childers, Chad (June 23, 2016). "Avenged Sevenfold Part Ways With Drummer Arin Ilejay". Loudwire. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Avenged Sevenfold Parts Ways With Drummer Arin Ilejay". Blabbermouth.net. July 23, 2015. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Emily (July 24, 2015). "Avenged Sevenfold Parts Ways With Drummer Arin Ilejay". Kerrang!. Archived from the original on July 26, 2015. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Kielty, Martin (June 20, 2016). "Avenged Sevenfold firing left Arin Ilejay 'shocked and scared'". Metal Hammer. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Wiederhorn, Jon (June 17, 2016). "How Members of Korn, Bad Brains, A7X Helped Islander Find New "Power"". Rolling Stone. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Sharp, Tyler (June 17, 2016). "Ex-Avenged Sevenfold drummer speaks out on being "let go" from band". Alternative Press. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Arin Ilejay: "I'm A Kid From Nowhere Who Used To Be In A Hardcore Band"". Rocksound TV. Retrieved December 26, 2016.