From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ariphron, the father of Xanthippus, and grandfather of Pericles, both prominent Athenian statesmen. He was a member of the Alcmaeonid family.
- Ariphron, the brother of Pericles.
- Ariphron of Sicyon, a Greek poet, and the author of a beautiful paean to health (Ἡγίεια), which has been preserved by Athenaeus. The beginning of the poem is quoted by Lucian and Maximus of Tyre. It is also printed in Bergk's Poetae Lyrici Graeci.
- Ariphron, an Archon of Athens, reigning in the 9th century BC.
- Smith, William (1867). "Alcmaeonidae". In William Smith. Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. 1. Boston: Little, Brown and Company. p. 288.
- Herodotus, vi. 131, 136, vii. 33, viii. 131
- Pausanias, Description of Greece iii, 7. § 8
- Plato, Protagoras p. 320, a
- Athenaeus, xv. p. 702
- Lucian, de Lapsu inter Salt. c. 6
- Maximus of Tyre, xiii. 1
- Theodor Bergk, Poetae Lyrici Graeci p. 841
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Smith, William, ed. (1870). "article name needed". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology.
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.