|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 480i/576i for the SDTV feeds)
|Owner||Korea International Broadcasting Foundation|
|Key people||Lee Seung Youl (CEO)|
|Launched||3 February 1997|
|YouTube (Arirang TV)||Live broadcast|
|YouTube (Arirang World)||Live broadcast|
|YouTube (Arirang UN)||Live broadcast|
Arirang TV (Korean: 아리랑 TV; RR: Arirang tibeui, stylized as arirang) is an English-language South Korean television network based in Seoul and aimed at an overseas audience. It is operated by the Korea International Broadcasting Foundation and is financially supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The channel, which airs in 103 countries, aims to offer an extensive and informative view of Korea Peninsula affairs, as well as world issues from a global perspective.
Its flagship news programs feature timely current affairs stories, in-depth interviews with world experts and prominent individuals.
Arirang International Broadcasting Corporation began airing on February 3, 1997. It was operated by the non-profit Korea International Broadcasting Foundation, which was created by Article 32 of the South Korean Civil Code on April 10, 1996. Initially, the channel was available only on cable and satellite television in South Korea and was targeted to foreigners living in or visiting the country.
Arirang International Broadcasting Corporation has three channels for overseas viewers. Arirang World was established as a satellite television channel in 1999 and is broadcast in English, Chinese, Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, and Indonesian. Arirang UN was established in 2015, and is broadcast in English. As of 2018, the channels are broadcast in 103 countries.
Arirang International Broadcasting Corporation provides subtitle services in a variety of different languages in order to interact closely with overseas viewers.
(English, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Indonesian)
Arirang TV's flagship news program airs 7 times a day, including two interview shows In-Depth and Global Insight. Interviews range from OECD Secretary General José Ángel Gurría to former NBA star Dennis Rodman.
- Arirang Radio
- KBS World (TV channel)
- KBS World Radio
- List of programs broadcast by Arirang TV
- Television in South Korea
- Jung, Min-ho (2018-01-04). "Arirang TV to sack 190 employees, shut 18 programs". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Tong-hyung (2009-05-20). "Arirang TV Fighting Do-or-Die Fight". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Daeho (2018). Media Governance in Korea 1980–2017. Springer. p. 87. ISBN 978-3319703022.
- Kim, Jae-heun (2016-09-27). "Arirang TV starts 24-hour broadcast in UK". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "About Arirang: Channel Profile". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Junghoon (2009). "The Current State & Issues in International Broadcasting in the Republic of Korea: Case Study on Arirang International Broadcasting Corporation". Japan Media Communication Center. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- Arirang Global Insight exclusive interview with OECD SG https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20200420156200005
- Satellite listings: "How to Watch: Satellite". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- IPTV listings: Provider websites and "How to Watch: Platform". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-27.