|Launched||February 3, 1997|
|Owned by||Korea International Broadcasting Foundation|
|Slogan||The World on Arirang|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|AsiaSat7 (Asia, Oceania, Middle East)||3755Mhz V|
|Astra 1L (Europe)||11509Mhz V|
|Astra 2G (UK)||11224Mhz V|
|Badr-4 (UAE and surrounding)||12111Mhz H|
|Hotbird 13B (Europe)||11623Mhz V|
|Intelsat 19 (Asia, Oceania, Pacific)||3815Mhz V, 12729MHz H|
|Intelsat 20 (Asia, Oceania, Middle East, Africa, Europe)||4053.5Mhz V, 3795Mhz V|
|Intelsat 21 (Americas)||3880Mhz V|
|See Arirang website||.|
|Freebox (France)||Channel 516|
|Rostelecom (Russia)||Channel 708|
|Slovak Telekom (Slovakia)||Channel|
|CHT MOD (Taiwan)||Channel 751|
|Du (UAE)||Channel 920|
|Youtube (Arirang TV)||Live broadcast|
|Youtube (Arirang World)||Live broadcast|
|Youtube (Arirang UN)||Live broadcast|
Arirang TV (Hangul: 아리랑 TV; RR: Arirang tibeui) is a global, English-language television network based in Seoul, South Korea. It is operated by the Korea International Broadcasting Foundation and is financially supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The channel, which airs in more than 100 countries, is considered a public relations arm of the South Korean government.
Arirang TV began airing on February 3, 1997. It was operated by the non-profit Korea International Broadcasting Foundation, which was created by Article 32 of the South Korean Civil Code on April 10, 1996. Initially, the channel was available only on cable television in South Korea and was targeted to foreigners living in or visiting the country.
Arirang TV has two channels for overseas viewers. Arirang World was established as a satellite television channel in 1999 and is broadcast in English, Chinese, Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, and Indonesian. Arirang UN was established in 2015, and is broadcast in English. As of 2018, the channels are broadcast in 105 countries.
- Jung, Min-ho (2018-01-04). "Arirang TV to sack 190 employees, shut 18 programs". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Tong-hyung (2009-05-20). "Arirang TV Fighting Do-or-Die Fight". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Daeho (2018). Media Governance in Korea 1980–2017. Springer. p. 87. ISBN 3319703021.
- Kim, Jae-heun (2016-09-27). "Arirang TV starts 24-hour broadcast in UK". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "About Arirang: Channel Profile". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- Kim, Junghoon (2009). "The Current State & Issues in International Broadcasting in the Republic of Korea: Case Study on Arirang TV". Japan Media Communication Center. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- Satellite listings: "How to Watch: Satellite". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- IPTV listings: Provider websites and "How to Watch: Plaform". Arirang. Korea International Broadcasting Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-27.