Aristocles of Messene
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Πότερον σπουδαιότερος Ὅμηρος ἢ Πλάτων - Whether Homer or Plato is more Worthy.
- Τέχναι ῥητορικαί - Arts of Rhetoric.
- A work on the god Serapis.
- A work on Ethics, in nine books.
- A work on Philosophy, in ten books.
The last of these works appears to have been a history of philosophy, in which he wrote about the philosophers, their schools, and doctrines. Several fragments of it are preserved in Eusebius.
- Suda, Aristokles
- Karamanolis, G., (2006), Plato and Aristotle in Agreement?: Platonists on Aristotle from Antiochus to Porphyry, page 37. Oxford University Press.
- Cyrill. c. Jul. ii. The correct reading of this passage is in doubt and may refer instead to Aristotle of Mytilene.
- Eusebius, Praeparatio Evangelica, xiv, xv.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Smith, William, ed. (1870). "article name needed". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology.