During his diving expeditions he discovered and identified several important wrecks, including:
- SS Oria - a steamship which sank in 1944 causing over 4100 deaths. This is the 4th worst naval disaster in maritime history and the worst in the Mediterranean.
- U-133 - a German submarine sank in 1942.
- The SS Heimara, sunk in 1947, the worst naval tragedy in Greece during peacetime with 389 losses.
For his services during the diving expeditions on the Oria and to the Italian State, he was appointed Knight of the Order of the Star of Italy (Cavaliere del' Ordine della Stella d' Italia) by the President of Italy Sergio Mattarella in December 2017, and he received the insignia of the Order in June 2018 in a special ceremony from the Italian ambassador to Greece.
- Liuzzi, Pietro Giovanni (12 November 2016). "The Steamship Oria – The Forgotten Tomb of 4200 Italian Soldiers". WAR HISTORY ONLINE. Archived from the original on 3 July 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "The Type VIIC U-boat U-133 – German U-boats of WWII – uboat.net". uboat.net. Archived from the original on 28 October 2010. Retrieved 29 June 2018.[better source needed]
- "Ε/Γ ΧΕΙΜΑΡΑ (πρώην Hertha)". Grafas Diving.gr. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2020.
- Cf. Presidential Decree of 29th December 2017, in: Gazzetta Ufficiale della Repubblica Italiana (Parte prima), Anno 159, Numero 38 (15 febbraio 2018).
- "Conferita l'onorificenza dell'Ordine della Stella d'Italia a Telis Zervoudis". 12 June 2018. Archived from the original on 10 July 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.