Malayalam: അരിയന്നൂർ കുടക്കല്ല്
A view of three umbrella stones
|Governing body||Archaeological Survey of India|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Kerala|
Ariyannur Umbrellas is a prehistoric Megalith burial site situated in Ariyannur in Kandanassery Panchayat of Thrissur District of Kerala. Archaeological Survey of India in 1951 declared it as a centrally protected monument. The site has six umbrella stones or mushroom stones, locally called Kudaikkallu. Of them, four are intact and two are partially broken.
These are part of the larger Kudakkallu Parambu complex which is believed to be from ~2000 BCE.
- "ARIYANNUR UMBRELLAS". ASI Thrissur Circle. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES". go-kerala.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "History". Culturalcapitalofkerala. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Students prepare manual on flora". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- A Survey Of Kerala History. A Sreedhara Menon. 2007. ISBN 9788126415786. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ariyannur Umbrellas.|