|Native name |
Malayalam: അരിയന്നൂർ കുടക്കല്ല്
A view of three umbrella stones
|Governing body||Archaeological Survey of India|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Kerala|
Ariyannur Umbrellas is a prehistoric Megalith burial site situated in Ariyannur in Kandanassery Panchayat of Thrissur District of Kerala. Archaeological Survey of India in 1951 declared it as a centrally protected monument. The site has six umbrella stones or mushroom stones, locally called Kudaikkallu. Of them, four are intact and two are partially broken.
- "ARIYANNUR UMBRELLAS". ASI Thrissur Circle. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES". go-kerala.com. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "History". Culturalcapitalofkerala. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "Students prepare manual on flora". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- A Survey Of Kerala History. A Sreedhara Menon. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ariyannur Umbrellas.|