Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders
|Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders|
Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders performing at Joint Base Balad, Iraq in 2010
The squad was founded in the summer of 1988 under the name Phoenix Cardinals Cheerleaders. This was the first time in the Cardinals history that the cheerleading side of football was incorporated within the Cardinals organization. Before the summer of 1988, the Cardinals Cheerleaders were owned and run by a business outside of the franchise.
In March 1994, the Cardinals organization announced its name change to the Arizona Cardinals, thus the cheerleaders changed their name to the Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders, which is the name they still use today.
As of 2011, the group has 29 members. The group also makes appearances at parties and charity events by sending two members. A small group of the squad also makes appearances around the world as the "Cardinals Show Team", which performs various songs like the Beach Boys. The squad also has a "Junior Cheer Program", for young women aged 8–17, and they also head to various events as the "Arizona Cardinals Junior All-Stars".
- Aubrey Aquino, TV reporter and host
- Sarah Coggin, Hooters calendar cover girl in 2005
- Danielle Demski, Miss Arizona USA, 2004
- Phyllis Smith, actress on The Office (during the team's St. Louis Big Red Line Cheerleaders days)
- Ashlee Tate DeMartino, broadcast meteorologist for KTNV-TV (currently at KPHO-TV)
- "St Louis Cardinals Cheerleaders History". Big Red Line Cheerleaders.
- "Franchise History". Arizona Cardinals.
- "Cheer Squad 2012" (PDF). azcardinals.com.
- "Cheerleader Appearance Requests". azcardinals.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Cheerleader Show Team". azcardinals.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Junior Cheer Program". azcardinals.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader All-Stars" (PDF). azcardinals.com.
- "Aubrey Up Close". Aubreyaquino.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders - Cardinals Cheerleaders". Footballbabble.com. Retrieved 2012-09-10.