Aerial view of Arizona Mills from the west
|Opening date||November 20, 1997|
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||200|
|No. of anchor tenants||16|
|Total retail floor area||1,200,000 square feet (110,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Arizona Mills is an indoor outlet mall in Tempe, Arizona. It was co-owned by Simon Property Group (which owned 25%) and Taubman Centers and managed by Simon. However, Taubman has since sold the remaining 75% stake to Simon, which now wholly owns it. It opened on November 20, 1997, with 6,000 parking spaces and approximately 200 retailers. It is currently anchored by Sears Outlet Appliance, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Ross Dress for Less, At Home, Marshalls, Sports Authority, Conn's, and Burlington Coat Factory. The mall is located on the Southeast corner of US 60 and I-10.
Despite the presence of 'Mills' in its name, it is not geographically close to or affiliated with Mill Avenue, a shopping and entertainment district near Hayden Butte to the north. The name comes from that of the property developer, formerly known as the Mills Corporation.
Like other Mills Centers, Arizona Mills has abstract graphics from the entrances and inside the whole mall. Likewise for this mall, numerous artworks are displayed throughout Arizona Mills from the people of Arizona.
In June 2008, the mall's website was changed from its former Mills Corporation format to its Simon Malls format along with 16 other sister Simon-Mills malls. It was the last Simon-Mills mall to make the switch. It is one of two malls Simon currently owns in Arizona, the other being the Phoenix Premium Outlets on the Gila River Indian Community near Chandler, Arizona, which opened on April 4, 2013. It is the third mall Simon has ever owned in Arizona, previously having owned Southgate Mall in Yuma, Arizona, and Metrocenter Mall in Phoenix, which is now owned by Westcor.
Anchors & Majors
- At Home (104,697 sq ft (9,727 m²))
- Burlington Coat Factory (80,426 sq ft (7,472 m²))
- Group USA (22,774 sq ft (2,116 m²))
- Harkins Theatres (92,320 sq ft (8,577 m²))
- IMAX (12,935 sq ft (1,202 m²))
- Legoland Discovery Center
- Last Call Neiman Marcus (24,994 sq ft (2,322 m²))
- Marshalls (31,315 sq ft (2,909 m²))
- Nike (13,317 sq ft (1,237 m²))
- Old Navy (15,388 sq ft (1,430 m²))
- Rainforest Cafe (20,595 sq ft (1,913 m²))
- Ross Dress For Less (29,845 sq ft (2,773 m²))
- Sea Life Arizona
- Sears Outlet (29,571 sq ft (2,747 m²))
- Tilt Studio (37,348 sq ft (3,470 m²)) opening August 15, 2016
- Wave (10,512 sq ft (977 m²))
- GameWorks (37,348 sq ft (3,470 m²)) closed in 2016
- JC's 5 Star Outlet (104,697 sq ft (9,727 m²)) closed in 2013
- Linens 'n Things
- Off 5th Saks Fifth Avenue (34,716 sq ft (3,225 m²))
- The Sports Authority (34,716 sq ft (3,225 m²)) closed in 2016
- Miller, Linda (2 October 2013). "JC Penney announces closing of outlet stores". NewsOK.com. Retrieved 1 November 2013.