Arizona State Route 287
|Maintained by ADOT|
|Length:||32.07 mi (51.61 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|West end:||SR 84 / SR 387 in Casa Grande|
|I-10 in Casa Grande|
|East end:||SR 79 in Florence|
State Route 287, also known as SR 287, is a predominantly east–west state highway in central Arizona. Originally, this highway number only applied to Florence-Coolidge Highway; the branch to Casa Grande was added later.
It begins in Florence at the intersection of Pinal Parkway Avenue SR 79 and Butte Avenue SR 79B, traveling westbound on Butte Avenue to Main Street where it turns south on Main to a "Y" junction near the southern end of Florence. SR 287 heads westbound to Coolidge as the Florence-Coolidge Highway. Upon reaching Coolidge, SR 287 overlaps State Route 87 as Arizona Boulevard, and travels several miles directly south until diverging westward to Casa Grande (where it is known as Florence Boulevard). It terminates there at its junction with State Route 387 and State Route 84.
The route between Florence and Coolidge was numbered as SR 287 in 1932. At that time, it was an unpaved road. By 1934, it was paved in the segment it was designated. Between 1958 and 1963, the section to Casa Grande was added to the designation.
The entire route is in Pinal County.
|Casa Grande||0.00||0.00||SR 387 north / SR 84 west to I-8 – Phoenix, Gila Bend, San Diego|
|4.08||6.57||I-10 – Phoenix, Tucson|
|14.08||22.66||SR 87 south – Picacho||West end of SR 87 concurrency|
|Coolidge||22.68||36.50||SR 87 north – Mesa||East end of SR 87 concurrency|
SR 79 Bus.
|West end of SR 79 Bus. concurrency|
|32.07||51.61||SR 79 – Tucson||East end of SR 79 Bus. concurrency|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "2008 ADOT Highway Log" (PDF). Retrieved April 8, 2008.
- Google (2008-04-15). "overview map of SR 287" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- Condition Map of State Highway System (Map). Arizona Highway Department. 1932. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- Condition Map of State Highway System (Map). Arizona State Highway Department. 1934. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- Road Map of Arizona (Map). Cartography by Rand McNally. Arizona State Highway Department. 1963. Retrieved March 30, 2012.