|Meaning||"white", "clear" |
|Region of origin||South Asia|
Arjun (Sanskrit pronunciation: [ɐɽˈdʑʊn]) is an Indian or Nepali male given name, based on Arjuna, a legendary hero who is a best archer in central character of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. Arjuna had four other brothers, who were Yudhishthira, Bhima, Nakula, Sahadeva, and Karna.
Notable persons with the name
- Arjuna Varman I, Paramara king of central India
- Arjuna Varman II, Paramara king of central India
- Arjuna, a Paratarajas ruler of Baluchistan area (c. 150–160 CE)
- Arjun (Firoz Khan), actor, born as Firoz Khan, who played the role of Arjuna in B.R. Chopra's TV series Mahabharat
- Arjun Bijlani, television actor and model
- Arjun Kapoor, movie actor
- Arjun Punj (born 1967), Indian television actor
- Arjun Rampal, fashion model and movie actor
- Arjun Sarja, actor from south India, who works predominantly in Tamil films.
- Allu Arjun, Indian actor of Telugu films
- Arjun (singer), (real name Arjun Coomaraswamy), British-Sri Lankan singer-songwriter, and producer known by his mononym Arjun
- Arjun Appadurai, a contemporary social theorist
- Arjun Atwal, professional golfer
- Arjun Erigaisi, Indian chess grandmaster
- Arjun Janya, Indian film score and soundtrack composer and singer, mainly scoring music for Kannada films
- Arjun Munda, chief minister of the Indian state of Jharkhand
- Arjun Nair, Australian cricketer
- Arjun S Prabhu , from Kochi Kerala, foodie by passion
- Arjuna Ranatunga, former Sri Lankan cricketer, now a politician.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|