|Alma mater||Washington State UniversityStanford University St. Stephen's College Harvard University|
After attending St. Stephen's College in Delhi, India, Arjun came to the United States on a student exchange program. He then attended Washington State University where he received his BS and MS in computer science, and Stanford University where he received his MBA. Arjun is a member of the 2014 class of the Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative and the 2001 class of Henry Crown Fellows.
Arjun Gupta is Chief Believer of TeleSoft Partners, a special situations venture capital firm he founded in 1996. At TeleSoft, Arjun manages capital commitments of $625 million and has helped build over 60 companies resulting in 37 mergers, acquisitions, and IPOs, with a combined cash acquisition price of over $16 billion. Arjun has served numerous director roles which currently include Calient, Nexant, and JumpStart and was named to the Forbes Midas List in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
In 2001, Arjun founded the Arjun Gupta Family Foundation to support projects in education, medical research, performing arts, the environment, and other community endeavors in the United States, India, and Africa. The foundation has supported over 90 projects to date.
- Sharma, Rachita. "Arjun Gupta: 5 Decades Of Venturing and Adventuring!". Silicon India. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "2014 Harvard Fellows". harvard.edu. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "The Aspen Institute - Arjun Gupta Biography". aspeninstitute.org. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "The Aspen Institute Arjun Gupta bio page". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Forbes Midas List 2006". forbes.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Forbes Midas List 2007". forbes.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Forbes MIdas List 2008". forbes.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Forbes Midas List 2009". forbes.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Bizjak, Tony. "Maloof family and Sacramento investors reach deal for Kings". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Hamm, Steve. "TeleSoft's Gupta: Venture Capital's Tough Times". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.