This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||6 September 1990|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Composer, Producer, Actor, lyric writer|
|Labels||Sony Music India, VYRL Originals, Universal Music India, Desi Music Factory|
Arjun Kanungo (sic: Qanungo) is an Indian singer, composer, actor and entrepreneur. Starting his Pop career with the breakout hit 'Baaki Baatein Peene Baad'. He is an 2-time national Gold medal winner in Centre Fire Pistol and a national level Basketball player also.
Arjun was born and raised in Mumbai. He is a trained method actor from Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City. He is a 3-time national Gold Medal winner in Centre Fire Pistol and a national level Basketball player.
At the age of 18, Arjun explored his entrepreneurial side by opening up a recording studio in Mumbai called Promethean Audio. Soon after, he diversified into acoustic design and construction with his second venture Promethean Design. He gained popularity after his stint as a playback singer for movies like Go Goa Gone and Pizza. As a vocalist, Arjun has toured India, Dubai, Australia and Sri Lanka with Asha Bhosle, in addition to solo shows. He is also active as a composer for TV ads and background scores also has worked with brands like Nike Cricket and ESPN.
Arjun's first commercial success came with "Khoon Choos Le" in the 2013 film Go Goa Gone, starring Saif Ali Khan. Since then he has churned out 3 hit singles in 2 years- Baaki Baatein Peene Baad ft. Badshah, Fursat, and Ek Dafaa (Chinnama). His track Ek Daffa (Chinnama) was remixed by DJ Akhil Talreja. Arjun has lent his voice to several Bollywood films. His Tamil Debut came with 'Sirrikadhey', composed by Anirudh Ravichander, from the film 'Remo'.
His debut single Baaki Baatein Peene Baad was released on 25 September 2015 by Sony Music India. The song was written by Mayur Puri and was composed, written, recorded and produced in Sweden The song features the rapper Badshah. Baaki Baatein Peene Baad went viral on YouTube upon its release and subsequently climbed the TV & radio charts.
His second single, Fursat, was eventually released on 18 March by Sony Music India.
He made his UK debut with a live stage performance at the Asian Network 2017, in March.
Awards and honors
|Global Indian Music Academy Awards||2015||Baaki Baatein Peene Baad||Jagjit Singh Award for Best Music Debut - Non Film (Won)|
|2013||Khoon Choos Le||Goa Goa Gone||Sachin - Jigar|
|2013||Learn To Adjust||Mai||Nitin Shankar|
|2014||Tum Chal Diye||Pizza||Saurabh Kalsi|
|2015||Jahan Tum Ho||Coffee Bloom||Prasad Ruparel|
|2015||Baaki Baatein Peene Baad||Arjun Kanungo - The Rising Star||Arjun Kanungo, Ludwig Lindell, Ylva Dimberg|
|2016||Fursat||Single||Arjun Kanungo, Ludwig Lindell, Ylva Dimberg|
|2016||Sanam Mere sanam||Single||Mithoon|
|2016||yaara Jammin album song A.R. Rahman various artists||A.R. Rahman|
|2016||Saturday Saturday (Khul Jaaye Masti)||Single||Badshah, Arjun Kanungo & Aastha Gill ft. Pulkit Samrat|
|2017||Ek Dafaa||Single||Arjun Kanungo|
|2017||Gallan Tipsiyaan||Single||Arjun Kanungo, LH4L|
|2017||O Saathi Cover||Single||Arjun Kanungo|
|2018||La La La||Duet||Arjun Kanungo, Bilal Saeed, Desi Music Factory|||
|2018||Aaya Na Tu||Duet||Arjun Kanungo|
|2018||Aaya Na Tu Reprise||Single||Arjun Kanungo||Rithvik Abhishek Monteiro|
|2018||Photograph||Single||Arjun Kanungo||Rithvik Abhishek Monteiro|
|2018||Sar Utha Ke Jiyo||Single with Jonita Gandhi||Arjun Kanungo|
|2019||Tu na mera||Single||Arjun Kanungo||Rithvik Abhishek Monteiro|
|2019||House Party Song||Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga||Rochak Kohli|
|2019||Woh Baarishein||Single||Arjun Kanungo||Rithvik Abhishek Monteiro|
|2019||Hona Chaida||Single||Arjun Kanungo, Nisha Asnani & Leny Magoufakis|
|2019||Nadaaniyaan||The Sky Is Pink||Pritam|
|2020||Dil Kho Ke||Single with Jonita Gandhi||Arjun Kanungo|
|2020||Woh Baarishein Reprise||Solo||Arjun Kanungo|
|2020||Tum Na Ho||Single with Prakriti Kakar||Arjun Kanungo|
|2020||Waada Hai||Single with Shehnaaz Gill||Arjun Kanungo & Shehnaaz Gill|
- "I had no music scene till I was 18: Arjun Kanungo". The Statesman. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Archived copy". The Bollywood Project. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "I am a singer today only because of Asha Bhosle ji: Arjun Kanungo". Hindustan Times. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Arjun Kanungo: 'Umeedien' is about hope and ambition - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arjun Kanungo to release 26 videos through one-year deal with Sony Music India". Radioandmusic.com. 4 May 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "This is what I call stuff of legends: Singer Arjun Kanungo". The Week. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Arjun Kanungo makes his home environment-friendly". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 26 May 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arjun Kanungo". IMDb.
- "Hindi Film Song - Khoon Choos Le (Go Goa Gone, 2013)". MySwar. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Telegraph India".
- "Anirudh patiently taught me: Arjun Kanungo - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Banan, Aastha. "YouTube sensation Arjun Kanungo, speaks about busking in New York". Mid-Day. Retrieved 21 October 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arjun Kanungo - Asian Network Live 2017 Highlights". BBC.
- "GiMA :: NON FILM MUSIC WINNERS 2016". www.gima.co.in. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Hindi Film Song - Tum Chal Diye - Reprise (Pizza, 2014)". MySwar. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hindi Film Song - Jahan Tum Ho (Coffee Bloom, 2015)". MySwar. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hindi Film Song - Baaki Baatein peene baad". MySwar. Retrieved 29 May 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hindi Film Song - Fursat". The Indian Express. Retrieved 6 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Karishma Upadhyay (13 May 2018). "Arjun Kanungo's high notes". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 13 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arjun Kanungo.|