This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kapoor promoting Mubarakan in 2017
|Born||26 June 1985|
|Relatives||Boney Kapoor (father)|
Mona Shourie Kapoor (mother)
Janhvi Kapoor (half-sister)
Sonam Kapoor Rhea Kapoor Harshvardhan Kapoor and Mohit Marwah (cousins)
Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor (uncles)
Arjun Kapoor (pronounced [ɐrˈɟun kəˈpuːr]; born 26 June 1985) is an Indian actor who appears in Bollywood films. He is the son of film producers Boney Kapoor and Mona Shourie Kapoor, the nephew of actors Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor, the stepson of actress Sridevi, and the half brother of actress Janhvi Kapoor.
After working as an assistant director and associate producer on several films, including the 2003 drama Kal Ho Naa Ho and the 2009 thriller Wanted, Kapoor made his Bollywood film debut with Habib Faisal's romantic thriller Ishaqzaade (2012), for which he received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He rose to prominence in 2014 with starring roles in two critically and commercially successful films: a coal bandit in the thriller Gunday and an aspiring writer in the romantic comedy 2 States. He followed this by starring in several commercial failures, with the exception of the satire Ki & Ka (2016).
Kapoor was born into a Punjabi family on 26 June 1985 in Bombay, Maharashtra to the Hindi film producer, Boney Kapoor and the entrepreneur Mona Shourie Kapoor. He is the grandson of filmmaker Surinder Kapoor. He is the nephew of actors Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor and producer Sandeep Marwah, and the first-cousin of actress Sonam Kapoor, actors Mohit Marwah, Harshvardhan Kapoor and producer Rhea Kapoor. He has a younger sister, Anshula Kapoor. The actress Sridevi was his stepmother, and he also has two half-sisters, Khushi and Janhvi Kapoor. When asked in an interview about his father's second marriage, Kapoor said: "When we were kids, it was difficult. But what can you do? How long will you complain? You have to accept what is, take it on your chin, and move on." Arjun also said that "We don't really meet and spend time together so it doesn't really exist," His mother died in 2012.
Kapoor was educated at the Arya Vidya Mandir school in Mumbai, which he attended till his 11th grade. After failing his eleventh grade examinations, he quit his studies. In his teens and early twenties, Kapoor suffered from obesity and approximately weighed 140 kg; he later said that due to his condition, he used to be "sloppy, grumpy" and "under-confident". Arjun Kapoor has confirmed in an interview with Karan Johar that he is dating Malaika Arora. 
Kapoor's first job in the film industry was as an assistant director on Nikhil Advani's Kal Ho Naa Ho in 2003. He also assisted Advani on his next directorial Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love (2007), and worked as an associate producer on two of his father's productions—No Entry (2005) and Wanted (2009). Kapoor was then signed on for a three-film contract with Yash Raj Films, a leading production company in India.
2012–14: Debut, breakthrough, and commercial success
In 2011, Kapoor was signed by Yash Raj Films to make his film debut with the drama Virus Diwan. After some days, the film was delayed to be released and the company opted Kapoor out of the project. He then finally signed Habib Faisal's romantic thriller Ishaqzaade (2012), which he began filming in June 2011. The film, which marks his first of many appearances with actress Parineeti Chopra, centers on the story of two political families (one of Hindus and another of Muslims), in which the son of the Hindu family (played by Kapoor) falls in love with the daughter of the Muslim family (played by Chopra). Upon release, Ishaqzaade received positive reviews, and grossed ₹460 million (US$6.7 million) domestically, becoming a major commercial success and one of the top-grossing productions of the year. Kapoor received numerous accolades for his performance, including the Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut and a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
Kapoor was next seen starring in the crime thriller Aurangzeb (2013), directed by debutant Atul Sabarwal, in which he portrayed twin brothers named Ajay and Vishal. Co-starring Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Amrita Singh, and Anupam Kher, the film garnered negative response from critics and was declared a average grosser by the box office.
Kapoor starred in three films in 2014, the first of which was Ali Abbas Zafar's action thriller Gunday. Co-starring Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra, it became a financial success. Kapoor achieved further success later that year when he appeared in Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala's joint production 2 States, a romantic comedy based on a novel of the same name. Directed by Abhishek Varman, it is about the story of a fresh engineer (played by him) who goes to pursue his MBA studies in Gujarat where he begins a relationship with a Tamil Brahmin (played by Alia Bhatt). The film earned over ₹1.7 billion (US$25 million) worldwide and became one of the top-grossing productions of the year.
2014–present: Career fluctuations
Kapoor's final film appearance of 2014 was in Homi Adajania's Finding Fanny, a story of five dysfunctional persons (played by him, Deepika Padukone, Dimple Kapadia, Pankaj Kapur, and Naseeruddin Shah) who set out on a road trip in search of a woman named Fanny (played by Anjali Patil). Finding Fanny received positive reviews from critics; the film, however, under-performed at the box office.
Kapoor next starred in Amit Sharma's directorial debut Tevar (2015), an official remake of the 2003 blockbuster action drama Okkadu. Co-starring alongside Sonakshi Sinha and Manoj Bajpayee, Kapoor was cast as Pintoo Shukla, a Kabbadi player who falls in love with a civilian. The film, however, proved to be a critical and commercial failure with a worldwide gross of ₹530 million (US$8.1 million) on a budget of ₹400 million (US$5.3 million).
After finishing the duty of hosting the seventh season of Colors TV's reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, Kapoor took on a starring role in R. Balki's Ki & Ka (2016), a satirical romantic comedy about gender stereotypes, in which he portrayed a stay-at-home husband of an ambitious woman (played by Kareena Kapoor). Eventually, the film emerged as a critical and commercial success with a global revenue of ₹1.02 billion (US$15 million) on a budget of ₹200 million (US$2.09 million).
In his first of two releases in 2017, Kapoor portrayed a poor boy from Bihar who did not speak English well and to practice it goes to a college where he comes attracted towards a singer (played by Shraddha Kapoor), in Mohit Suri's romance Half Girlfriend, an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's 2014 novel of the same name. Later in 2017, Kapoor portrayed twin brothers for the second time in his career in Anees Bazmee's comedy-drama Mubarakan alongside his uncle Anil Kapoor. It also starred Athiya Shetty and Ileana D'Cruz as the love interests of the twin brothers played by him. Both Half Girlfriend and Mubarakan, however, were commercially unsuccessful.
After starting 2018 with a special appearance in the film Bhavesh Joshi Superhero, Kapoor starred in Vipul Shah's romantic comedy Namaste England (a reboot of the 2007 film Namastey London). Cast opposite Parineeti Chopra, he played Param Randhawa, an university graduater who falls for Chopra's character. The film received unfavourable reactions from critics and failed to perform well at the box office, grossing ₹40 million (US$580,000) worldwide.
The Raj Kumar Gupta directed-action thriller India's Most Wanted was Kapoor's first release of 2019. Despite the high anticipations, the film flopped at the box office. Kapoor will next reunite with Parineeti Chopra in Dibakar Banerjee's black comedy Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, following which he will appear as Sadashiv Rao Bhau, one of the leaders of the 3rd Battle of Panipat, in Ashutosh Gowariker's period war drama Panipat. In 2020, he will feature in Anurag Singh's comedy-drama Singh & Kaur (a remake of the 2013 Punjabi romantic comedy Singh vs Kaur), opposite Amrita Puri.
Kapoor is a celebrity endorser for various brands and products, and is also the co-owner of the ISL team FC Pune City. In 2014 and again in 2015, he supported and endorsed the Earth Hour initiative in India. During this time, he was the Indian ambassador for World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and along with working towards creating awareness for Earth Hour, he has also helped raise awareness for conservation in the Sundarbans region of the country. In 2015, he supported the United Nations Global Goals campaign represented India at the Global Citizen Festival in New York City, where he gave a speech highlighting India's progress as a nation and the challenges faced by the country. In 2017, Arjun joined hands with the global movement and campaign to empower and educate women - Girl Rising. Philips also roped him as the brand ambassador for its 'Male Grooming' business. He is also a brand ambassador for Flying Machine and Royal Stag along with Ranveer Singh. Kapoor co-hosted the IIFA Awards ceremony in 2015 with Singh. Arjun was also the brand ambassador for the world's leading bicycle manufacturer - Hero Cycles. He has also hosted the seventh season of the successful TV show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7. As of 2017[update], he also endorses Smith & Jones ketchup, condiments and sauces, and Admiral England Sportswear & Sportshoes.
|2012||Ishaqzaade||Parma Chauhan / Pervez||Habib Faisal||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut|
|2013||Aurangzeb||Ajay Singh / Vishal Singh||Atul Sabarwal|
|2014||Gunday||Bala Bhattacharya||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|2 States||Krish Malhotra||Abhishek Varman|
|Finding Fanny||Savio Da Gama||Homi Adajania|
|2015||Tevar||Ghanshyam Shukla / Pintoo||Amit Sharma|
|2016||Ki & Ka||Kabir Bansal / Ka||R. Balki|
|2017||Half Girlfriend||Madhav Jha||Mohit Suri|
|Mubarakan||Karan Singh Bajwa / Charan Singh Bajwa||Anees Bazmee|
|2018||Bhavesh Joshi Superhero||Himself||Vikramaditya Motwane||Special appearance|
|Namaste England||Paramjeet Randhawa / Param||Vipul Amrutlal Shah|
|Zero||Himself||Anand L. Rai||Special appearancee|
|2019||India's Most Wanted||Prabhat Kumar||Raj Kumar Gupta|
|Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar||Satinder Singh / Sandeep||Dibakar Banerjee||Post-production|
|Panipat||Sadashiv Rao Bhau||Ashutosh Gowarikar||Filming|
As a crew member
|2003||Kal Ho Naa Ho||Assistant director|
|2005||No Entry||Associate producer|
|2007||Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love||Assistant director|
|2015||16th IIFA Awards||Host||TV special|
|2016||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi||Host||Reality Show|
|2018||Koffee with Karan||Guest with Janhvi||Talk Show S6/E6|
Awards and nominations
- "Arjun Kapoor turns 28". 26 June 2013.
Arjun ... turned 28 today.
- "I feel I can be the brand ambassador of Patna: Arjun Kapoor".
- Akash Nihalani (23 February 2018), "Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra begin shooting for Namastey England", Filfmare. Retrieved 11 December 2018
- Gupta, Priya (9 April 2014). "Last call my mother made was to Salman bhai: Arjun Kapoor". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Arjun Kapoor turns 28". 26 June 2013.
- "In pics: The Boney-Anil-Sanjay Kapoor Family Tree". CNN. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "In pics: Jhanvi Kapoor Bio". Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- Nooshian, Tinaz (22 April 2012). "Dad's second marriage tough on us as kids: Arjun Kapoor". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Arjun Kapoor reveals his fat pictures for the first time ever!". India Today. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/arjun-kapoor-confirms-he-is-dating-malaika-arora-khan-here-is-how-janhvi-kapoor-reacted-10615. Missing or empty
- "Five things you should know about Arjun Kapoor". India Today. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "I am fortunate to work with Habib Faisal for Ishaqzaade: Arjun Kapoor – Entertainment". Daily News and Analysis. 11 May 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "FC Pune City - About The Team". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Brand Ambassador Arjun Kapoor Continues To Support Earth Hour 2015". Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Arjun Kapoor to spread awareness for WWF - India". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Arjun Kapoor to represent India at a global concert". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Arjun Kapoor becomes the face of the Girl Rising Campaign for gender equality". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- Bureau, Our. "Arjun Kapoor is Philips India brand ambassador". Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Royal Stag ropes in Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor". Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Arjun Kapoor is the New Brand Ambassador for Flying Machine". businesswireindia.com. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "IIFA 2015: Aamir, Shahid, 'Bombay Velvet' – Hosts Ranveer, Arjun didn't spare anybody". Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Hero Cycles ropes in Arjun Kapoor as brand ambassador". Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "'Khatron Ke Khiladi 7': Arjun Kapoor is the new host". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Arjun Kapoor announced as ambassador of Smith & Jones ketchup". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Admiral India - #LiveTheMoment feat. Arjun Kapoor". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Actor Arjun Kapoor is endorsing Admiral England sports shoes". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Newcomers Nominations: Fresh Entry of the Year". Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- Kumar, Ravi. "People's Choice Awards 2012 Nominees". Archived from the original on 30 November 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "3rd Annual BIG Star Entertainment Awards Nominations".
- "Filmfare Awards 2013 Winners". Retrieved 26 January 2013
- "ETC Bollywood Business Awards 2012 / 2013 – Nominations". Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Nominations for 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards". Archived from the original on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Zee Cine Awards 2013: Team 'Barfi!', Vidya Balan, Salman Khan bag big honours". Retrieved 26 January 2013
- "Stardust Awards 2013 Winners". Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Trivedi, Dhiren. "8th Star Guild Apsara Awards Nominations: Shahrukh Khan or Ranbir Kapoor, Vidya Balan or Priyanka Chopra – who will win?".
- "TOIFA Awards 2013 Nominations".
- "Nominations for Stardust Awards 2014". Bollywood Hungama. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Big Star Entertainment Awards Nominations List 2014". Reliance Broadcast Network. Archived from the original on 16 December 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Bollywood's youth brigade rock the Big Star Entertainment Awards". Daily Mail. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Nominations for 10th Renault Star Guild Awards". Bollywood Hungama. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Crowd Favourites". The Indian Express. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "'2 States', 'Haider' lead IIFA 2015 nominations, Aamir and SRK pitted for best actor". Daily News and Analysis. 14 April 2015. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arjun Kapoor.|