Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Rohit Jugraj|
|Produced by||Bhushan Kumar|
|Written by||Ritesh Shah|
|Edited by||Huzefa Lokhandwala|
|Distributed by||AA Films|
|Box office||est. ₹9.24 crore|
Arjun Patiala is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language action comedy film directed by Rohit Jugraj. Co-produced by Bhushan Kumar and Dinesh Vijan under T-Series and Maddock Films, it stars Diljit Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon and Varun Sharma. The narrative revolves around a newly appointed police officer who attempts to curb crime and corruption in his town with the help of his sidekick.
The film was theatrically released in India on 26 July 2019.
- Diljit Dosanjh as Sub-Inspector Arjun Patiala
- Kriti Sanon as Ritu Randhawa
- Varun Sharma as Head Constable Onida Singh
- Ronit Roy as DSP Amarjeet Singh Gill
- Pankaj Tripathi as Producer
- Seema Pahwa as MLA Prapti Makkad
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Sakool
- Amit Mehra as Baldev Rana
- Yogesh Upadhyay as Danda
- Biswapati Sarkar as Editor
- Himanshu Kohli as Dilbaugh Singh
- Ritesh Shah as Arjun's father
- Nirmal Rishi as Arjun's mother
- Sumit Gulati as Anda
- Mithilesh Chaturvedi as Bhatia Ji
- Ankush Kulshreshtha as Kundan
- Manvendra Tripathi as Dalbir Singh
- Tajender Singh as Gagandeep Mishra
- Pradeep Singh as Ajeet Singh
- Akshay Joshi as Kala Jamun
- Rajeev Tiwari as Doctor
- Jaspal Sandhu as ASI Kartar
- Nikita Grover as Nikki Ahuja
- Bharat Bhatia as Sukhi Bajwa
- Gurmeet Chawla as Jailor
- Sunny Leone as Baby Narula (special appearance in song "Crazy Habibi vs Decent Munda")
- Abhishek Banerjee as director.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||20 July 2019 |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The first song release was Main Deewana Tera, performed by Guru Randhawa.
|1.||"Main Deewana Tera"||Guru Randhawa||Guru Randhawa, Nikhita Gandhi||3:14|
|2.||"Crazy Habibi Vs Decent Munda"||Guru Randhawa||Guru Randhawa, Benny Dayal||3:03|
|3.||"Dil Todeya" (Music by Sachin-Jigar and Guru Randhawa)||Guru Randhawa||Diljit Dosanjh||3:15|
|4.||"Sachiya Mohabbatan"||Priya Saraiya||Sachet Tandon||3:31|
|5.||"Sip Sip" (Music by Akash D)||Akash D||Guru Bhullar||2:59|
Marketing and release
Promotional episodes featuring the trio of Sanon, Dosanjh and Sharma were released. Solo posters of the film starring Kriti Sanon as Ritu Randhawa, Diljit Dosanjh as Arjun Patiala and Varun Sharma as Onida Singh were released on 18 June 2019. The official trailer of the film was released on 20 June by T-Series.
Ronak Kotecha of The Times of India rated the film 2/5 stars, noting that in the second half, the writing, direction and execution seemed childish. He felt the music was average except for one number. Concluding, Kotecha wrote, "Spoof comedies can be a tricky affair and this one is way too underwhelming to tickle your funny bone for full two hours." Jyoti Sharma Bawa of the Hindustan Times gave 1/5 stars and felt that Shah and Leyzell’s script failed and the film was lost between 'a parody and just another run-of-the-mill film'. Bawa opined, "Spoof as a genre has rarely been tried in Hindi cinema and someone needs to crack that egg – heaven knows there is a lot waiting to be explored; Arjun Patiala, alas, isn’t that film." Devesh Sharma reviewing for Filmfare rated the film with 2.5/5 stars, praising the supporting cast of Seema Pahwa, Ronit Roy, and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub. He wrote, "More was expected from the film but it just doesn’t aim high enough ... the ingredients are all there but the execution isn’t up to mark. The film kind of over-promises but under-delivers."
Arjun Patiala had the opening day collection of ₹1.25 crore and the second day collection of ₹1.50 crore, whereas the third day collection was ₹1.75 crores, taking its total opening weekend collection to ₹4.50 crore. The opening week gross of the film was ₹9.18 crore.
- "Arjun Patiala to release on July 26, box-office clash with Kangana Ranaut's Mental Hai Kya on the cards | Bollywood News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala Box Office Collection Day 2: No magic in Diljit Dosanjh-Kriti Sanon starrer". Business Today. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- IANS (26 April 2019). "Kriti Sanon: 'Arjun Patiala' is a spoofy kind of comedy". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- Mimansa Shekhar (14 May 2018). "Arjun Patiala first look: Diljit Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon and Varun Sharma are ready to tickle your funny bones". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Diljit Dosanjh-Kriti Sanon starrer 'Arjun Patiala' gets a new release date; to clash with 'Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas'". DNA. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Nawaz Kochra (9 April 2018). "FIRST LOOK: Turban clad Ronit Roy looks a tough cop in his Arjun Patiala avatar". Times Now. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Sunny Leone, Diljit Dosanjh party hard after Arjun Patiala shoot completion". Bollywood Hungama. 9 July 2018. Archived from the original on 14 July 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- PTI (3 June 2018). "Writing is a lonely and thankless job: Ritesh Shah". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Here's what Diljit Dosanjh-Kriti Sanon starrer 'Arjun Patiala' is all about". 10 January 2018. Archived from the original on 14 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Shooting for 'Arjun Patiala' wraps up - Times of India". Archived from the original on 19 July 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Monika Rawal Kukreja (27 March 2018). "Punjabi fever grips Bollywood: Namaste England, Arjun Patiala, Gold, Paltan all set up camp in Punjab". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- Mehak Sabharwal (28 July 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: Out of Gold, Stree and Arjun Patiala, music duo Sachin-Jigar have chosen their favourite". Times Now. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala song Main Deewana Tera: Diljit woos Kriti in this peppy dance number". The Indian Express. 26 June 2019. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala: Kriti Sanon teaches marketing to Diljit Dosanjh and Varun Sharma in this funny video". The Indian Express. 17 June 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Arjun Patiala first look: Diljit Dosanjh plays a quirky cop, Kriti Sanon a fearless journalist in Dinesh Vijan's comedy- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 18 June 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Official Trailer: Arjun Patiala | Diljit, Kriti, Varun | Dinesh V | Rohit J | Bhushan K | 26 July". YouTube. T-Series. 20 June 2019.
- FP Staff (27 March 2019). "Arjun Patiala: Kriti Sanon, Diljit Dosanjh's film gets a new release date, will now hit theatres on 19 July". Firstpost. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- FP Staff (19 February 2019). "Dinesh Vijan on canceling release of Luka Chuppi in Pakistan: It's time we stand in solidarity of Pulwama attacks". Firstpost. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- Kotecha, Ronak (26 July 2019). "ARJUN PATIALA MOVIE REVIEW". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
- Sharma Bawa, Jyoti (26 July 2019). "Arjun Patiala movie review: Diljit Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon can't make up for lack of jokes". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
- Sharma, Devesh (26 July 2019). "Movie Review: Arjun Patiala". Filmfare. Retrieved 26 July 2019.