Ark (The Animals album)
|Studio album by The Animals|
|Recorded||Country Lane Studios, Germering, Germany, p. 1983|
|Genre||Rock, new wave, post-punk|
|Label||I.R.S. (original US & UK release)
Illegal (original European release)
Epic (original Indian release)
Castle Music (various US & UK CD reissues)
Repertoire Records (2008 German CD reissue)
|Producer||The Animals, Steve Lipsom|
|The Animals chronology|
|Singles from Ark|
Ark is an album by the original members of The Animals. Released in 1983 on I.R.S. Records, it was the second and last reunion attempt of the band's initial lineup. The album subsequently was followed by a tour by the band.
- "Loose Change" (Steve Grant) (3:01)
- "Love Is for All Time" (Eric Burdon, Danny Everitt, Terry Wilson) (4:23)
- "My Favourite Enemy" (Grant) (3:46)
- "Prisoner of the Light" (Burdon, Raskin, Sterling) (4:09)
- "Being There" (Gemwells) (3:29)
- "Hard Times" (Burdon, Sterling) (2:55)
- "The Night" (Burdon, Evans, Sterling) (3:55)
- "Trying to Get You" (Rose Marie McCoy, Charlie Singleton)-(4:16)
- "Just Can't Get Enough" (Burdon, Sterling) (3:54)
- "Melt Down" (Everitt, Wilson) (3:08)
- "Gotta Get Back to You" (Everitt, Wilson) (2:42)
- "Crystal Nights" (Anthony, Burdon, Lewis, Sterling) (4:12)
- "No John No" (Alan Price) (4:18) (track on CD, but not on original album)
With the exception of the CD bonus track, the songwriting credits shown above are as they appeared when the album was originally issued in 1983 (I.R.S. Records, SP-70037). When the album was re-issued in 2002 on compact disc (Castle Records, 06076-81172-2), the songwriting credits for Everitt, Wilson and Gemwells were removed. This left tracks 5, 10 and 11 ("Being There", "Melt Down" and "Gotta Get Back to You") with songwriting credits that simply read "Unidentified". It also left Burdon as the only credited songwriter for track 2 ("Love Is for All Time").
When the album was reissued on the Repertoire label in 2008 the songwriting credits for "Melt Down", "Gotta Get Back To You" and "Being There" were restored.
The album was again reissued as a burn-on-demand title by Amazon using the CD as the source in 2014. The artwork eliminated the booklet in favor of the song titles only.
- Eric Burdon – vocals
- Hilton Valentine – guitar
- Alan Price – keyboards, background vocals
- Chas Chandler – bass, background vocals
- John Steel – drums
- Zoot Money - keyboards
- Steve Grant – guitar, synthesizer, background vocals
- Steve Gregory – tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone
- Nippy Noya – percussion
Production is credited to all five band members. Co-production credit is given to Steve Lipsom on tracks 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10. Engineering credit is given to Lipsom for those tracks on which he is credited as a co-producer, and to Nic Rudrum for the other tracks.
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|