||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich (Russian: Аркадий Владимирович Дворкович; born 26 March 1972) Dvorkovich is a Russian public servant and economist, who was appointed as Deputy Prime Minister in Dmitry Medvedev's Cabinet on 21 May 2012. He was previously an Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation since 13 May 2008 til May 2012. His father, Vladimir Dvorkovich, was an international chess arbiter. Dvorkovich is an official of the Russian Chess Federation. Dvorkovich favors his opponent, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, as chairman of FIDE.
Dvorkovich is considered to be a close confidant of Dmitry Medvedev and an important figure in Russian politics. He rose to prominence during Medvedev's presidency but has recently suffered from the resurgence of Igor Sechin.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics (1994)
- New Economic School (1996)
- Duke University (1997)
- Since 1994 – consultant, senior expert, CEO, scientific director of the Economic Expert Group of the Ministry of Finance of Russia.
- Since 2000 – expert in the "Center for Strategic Research"
- Since August 2000 – adviser to the Minister for Economic Development of the Russian Federation German Gref
- Since 2001 – Deputy Minister for Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Since April 2004 – Head of Expert Group of President of the Russian Federation
- Since 13 May 2008 – Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation
- Since 21 May 2012 - Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
Professional interests: economic regulation, financial management, tax planning. According to BusinessWeek (2003) Arkady was included in the list of 50 potential world leaders.
Speaks English and German languages.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland 4th class
- Order of Honour
- Medal 2nd class of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 1000th Anniversary of Kazan"
- Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- "Arkady Dvorkovich interview regarding RCF candidate for FIDE President". Chessdom. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- Who is Mr. Dvorkovich?, Russia Beyond the Headlines by Itogi, June 2012
- Clover, Charles; Belton, Catherine (December 22, 2011). "Medvedev urges far-reaching reforms". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- ""Роснефть" ждет денег из ФНБ не позднее 1 июня". Retrieved 2015-06-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich.|
- Official Facebook profile
- Arkady Dvorkovich - Organising committee chairman of Anand Carlsen 2014
- Arkady Dvorkovich Deputy Economy Minister, Russia
- Medvedev's Star Adviser (WSJ)
- (Russian) Дворкович, Аркадий Владимирович