This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2018)
|Assumed office |
3 October 2018
|Preceded by||Kirsan Ilyumzhinov|
Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich
26 March 1972
Moscow, Soviet Union (now Russia)
|Alma mater||Moscow State University, New Economic School, Duke University|
Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich (Russian: Аркадий Владимирович Дворкович; born 26 March 1972) is a Russian public servant and economist, who was Deputy Prime Minister in Dmitry Medvedev's Cabinet from 21 May 2012 until 7 May 2018. He was previously an Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation from May 2008 to May 2012.
Dvorkovich is considered to be a close confidant of Dmitry Medvedev and an important figure in Russian politics. He rose to prominence during Medvedev's presidency but has recently suffered from the resurgence of Igor Sechin. Since 2015, he is also the Chairman of the Board of the Directors in Russian Railways company.
Dvorkovich's father, Vladimir, was an international chess arbiter. Dvorkovich is an official of the Russian Chess Federation and was elected president of FIDE in October 2018, succeeding Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics (1994)
- New Economic School (1996)
- Duke University (1997)
- Since 1994 – consultant, senior expert, CEO, scientific director of the Economic Expert Group of the Ministry of Finance of Russia.
- Since 2000 – expert in the "Center for Strategic Research"
- Since August 2000 – adviser to the Minister for Economic Development of the Russian Federation German Gref
- Since 2001 – Deputy Minister for Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Since April 2004 – Head of Expert Group of President of the Russian Federation
- Since 13 May 2008 – Assistant to the President of the Russian Federation
- 21 May 2012 - 7 May 2018 – Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
- 2018 - Candidate for FIDE President
- 3 October 2018 - Elected as FIDE President
Some of Dvorkovich's professional interests are economic regulation, financial management, and tax planning. According to BusinessWeek (2003) Arkady was included in the list of 50 potential world leaders.
Dvorkovich speaks English and German.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland 4th class
- Order of Honour
- Medal 2nd class of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 1000th Anniversary of Kazan"
- Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Arkady Dvorkovich Government of the Russian Federation
- Clover, Charles; Belton, Catherine (December 22, 2011). "Medvedev urges far-reaching reforms". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- ""Роснефть" ждет денег из ФНБ не позднее 1 июня". Retrieved 2015-06-03.
- "Arkady Dvorkovich interview regarding RCF candidate for FIDE President". Chessdom. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- Staff writer(s) (3 October 2018). "Arkady Dvorkovich: Russian politician crowned world chess head". BBC.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arkady Vladimirovich Dvorkovich.|
- Official Facebook profile
- Arkady Dvorkovich - Organising committee chairman of Anand Carlsen 2014
- Arkady Dvorkovich Deputy Economy Minister, Russia
- Medvedev's Star Adviser (WSJ)
- (in Russian) Дворкович, Аркадий Владимирович
| FIDE President