Arkansas Bar Association
|Headquarters||Little Rock, AR|
|5,638 in 2012 (694 out of state)|
As early as 1837, there were efforts to organize association of lawyers in Arkansas, but it was not until 1898 that the Arkansas State Bar was organized. Its first president was U. M. Rose.
The Arkansas State Bar does not control lawyer licensing; that is a function of the Arkansas Board of Law Examiners. It does not enforce the requirement that Arkansas lawyers must complete 12 credits of Continuing Legal Education each year.; that is the function of the Arkansas Continuing Legal Education Board 
The Arkansas State Bar Association includes various Committees and Taskforces that are appointed by the President of the Association. The committees as of February 26, 2013, include:
Arkansas Bar Commission on Diversity (Chairs: Ron D. Harrison, Harold J. Evans)
Arkansas Bar PAC (Chair: Dennis Zolper; Boyce R. Davis)
Continuing Legal Education Committee
Editorial Advisory Board - The Arkansas Lawyer
Editorial Board for Handbooks
House Advisory Committee
Judicial Council Liaison Committee
Jurisprudence and Law Reform Committee
Law Related Education Committee
Law School Committee
Lawyers Assisting Military Personnel
Lawyers Helping Lawyers Committee
Leadership Academy Committee
Legal Forms Committee
Long Range Planning Committee
Member Benefits Committee
Membership Development Committee
Mid-Year Meeting Task Force
Mock Trial Committee
Past Presidents Committee
Personnel Committee (Arkansas Bar Association)
Professional Ethics Committee (Chair: Brad Hendricks)
Public Information/Findalawyer Committee
SJR6 Task Force
Uniform Laws Committee
Women in the Profession Committee
YLS Executive Council
- Arkansas Bar Overview, Martindale Hubbell, retrieved 2012-11-16
- Arkansas Bar Association, The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture, retrieved 2012-11-16
- "Publications". Arkansas State Bar. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "E-Bulletin". Arkansas State Bar. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Rules Governing Bar Admission". Arkansas Supreme Court. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "MCLE Credit Requirements by State". Practising Law Institute. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Continuing Legal Education Board, Arkansas Supreme Court, retrieved 2012-11-16
- "Committees on Arkansas Bar Association". Arkansas State Bar. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|