Arkansas Highway 11
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||36.23 mi (58.31 km)|
|South end:||US 63 at Pansy|
|North end:||Huff's Island Public Use Area|
|Length:||12.83 mi (20.65 km)|
|South end:||AR 88 at Reydell|
|North end:||US 165|
|Length:||37.52 mi (60.38 km)|
|South end:||I-40 / US 63 in Hazen|
|North end:||AR 367 in Searcy|
Arkansas Highway 11 (AR 11 and Hwy. 11) is a designation for three state highways in Arkansas. One segment of 36.23 miles (58.31 km) runs from US Route 63 (US 63) at Pansy to Huff Island Public Use Area near Grady. A second segment of 12.83 miles (20.65 km) begins just across the Arkansas River at the eastern terminus of Highway 88 at Reydell and runs north to US 65 west of De Witt. A third route of 37.53 miles (60.40 km) runs from Interstate 40 (I-40) and US 63 in Hazen north to Highway 367 in Searcy.
Pansy to the Arkansas River
AR 11 begins in Cleveland County at US 63 in Pansy and runs east. The continues northeast upon entering Lincoln County, intersecting US 425/AR 45 in Star City. AR 11 has a 0.6 miles (0.97 km) business route in Star City. AR 11 runs east until Fresno, when it turns north and meets US 65 in Grady. After Grady, the route runs north to Huff's Island Public Use Area, where it terminates.
Reydell to Eldridge Corner
Hazen to Searcy
AR 11 begins at US 63 by Interstate 40 exit 193. The route runs north untin forming a 3.0 miles (4.8 km) concurrency with AR 38 east to Des Arc. Continuing north into White County, AR 11 runs through Griffithville and Higginson before terminating at AR 367 at the southern limits of Searcy.
Star City business route
|Length:||0.74 mi (1.19 km)|
Former Hazen spur
|Length:||0.9 mi (1.4 km)|
Arkansas Highway 11 Spur (AR 11S and Hwy. 11S) was a spur route of 0.9 miles (1.4 km) in Prairie County. It was replaced by U.S. Route 63 Spur when AR 11 was truncated at I-40 north of Hazen. The US 63S designation was subsequently removed in 2008, converting the road to a city street.
Old Arkansas 11, Kauffman Road Segment
Location of Kauffman Rd.
|Location||Kauffman Rd., Stuttgart, Arkansas vicinity|
|MPS||Arkansas Highway History and Architecture|
|NRHP Reference #||06000834 |
|Added to NRHP||September 2006|
Arkansas Highway 11 formerly continued past its current southern terminus. The route went south to Hazen, and continued south into Arkansas County as early as 1935 and as late as 1992. Most of the route was paved by 1963.
Kauffman Road segment
Kauffman Road is a former segment of 1.1 miles (1.8 km) south of Stuttgart in Arkansas County. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The segment was the main automobile route in its part of Arkansas County from the time of its construction around 1916 until it was bypassed in 1955 by a new alignment (now US 165).
Mile markers reset at concurrencies.
|Cleveland||Pansy||0.00||0.00||US 63 / AR 35 – Rison, Warren, Pine Bluff|
|Lincoln||Star City||13.67||22.00||AR 11B north (South Jefferson Street)|
|AR 530 north – Little Rock||Future Proposed Interchange;Southbound Exit and Northbound Entrance Only|
|13.81||22.23||US 425 (South Lincoln Avenue) – Monticello, Pine Bluff|
|Gap in route|
|0.00||0.00||US 425 (North Lincoln Avenue) / AR 114 west / AR 212 west / AR 11B south (Arkansas Avenue)|
|Meroney||6.78||10.91||AR 293 south to AR 54|
|Fresno||8.41||13.53||AR 114 east – Gould|
|Grady||17.15||27.60||US 65 – Pine Bluff, Dumas|
|||22.42||36.08||north end of state maintenance at top of Arkansas River levee|
|Gap in route|
|Jefferson||Reydell||0.00||0.00||AR 88 west – Cornerstone, Altheimer|
|Arkansas||||5.06||8.14||AR 276S – Bayou Meto|
|One Horse Store||7.61||12.25||AR 276 to US 165 – Bayou Meto, De Witt|
|||12.83||20.65||US 165 – Stuttgart, De Witt|
|Gap in route|
|Prairie||Hazen||0.00||0.00||I-40 / US 63 – Hazen, Stuttgart, Memphis, Little Rock||I-40 exit 193|
|||2.97||4.78||AR 249 south|
|Four Mile Corner||10.97||17.65||AR 38 west – Cabot||south end of AR 38 overlap|
|Des Arc||AR 323 south – Des Arc Business District, Lower White River Museum State Park|
|0.00||0.00||AR 38 east / AR 323 (via AR 323Y) – Cotton Plant, Des Arc Business District||north end of AR 38 overlap|
|||3.1||5.0||Lake Des Arc (AR 959-1)|
|White||Showalters Corner||13.82||22.24||AR 323 north – West Point|
|Griffithville||16.83||27.09||AR 385 north (Main Street)|
|Higginson||25.68||41.33||AR 87 north (Main Street) – Kensett|
|Morning Sun||26.55||42.73||AR 367 – Beebe, Searcy|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database". Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original (Database) on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Lincoln County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2010. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Jefferson County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2010. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Arkansas County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2010. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Prairie County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2008. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- General Highway Map Prairie County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Little Rock, Arkansas: Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 1992. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Prairie County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Little Rock, Arkansas: Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2000. Retrieved December 24, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Prairie County, Arkansas Showing Arkansas System of State Highways (PDF) (Map) (1935 revision ed.). Little Rock, Arkansas: [Arkansas] State Highway Department. 1925. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- "Prairie County Highway Map - 1957." Revised 1963. Historic Map.[permanent dead link] Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Minutes of the Meeting of the Arkansas State Highway Commission, October 5, 1955, Minute Order 1152 (p. 2044): "In ARKANSAS COUNTY the official routing of State Highway 11, Section 6, shall be in accordance with the relocated and reconstructed sections as indicated on the attached sketch map which is hereby made a part of this Order and which is identified more specifically "Designation Change Stuttgart-Eldridge Corner", drawn 9-14-55."